Gransnet forums

Chat

Aaargh! Dh has done it again!!

(18 Posts)
Katek Fri 28-Aug-15 17:33:11

DH working outside plus dismantling bits of car to free trapped snail
(another story) then comes in, washes his hands in the kitchen and dries them on the tea towel!! Drives me mad.....what's wrong with the utility room? Hand wash and towel strategically placed next to sink there but no, he walks right past them. Grrrrr!

Alea Fri 28-Aug-15 17:38:49

Freeing a trapped snail? Bless him! How can you get cross after such a humanitarian gesture?
Answer; very easily!!
(I lob them into next door's garden) blush

Coolgran65 Fri 28-Aug-15 17:42:14

Will make breakfast....but never wipes crumbs off the work surface
Sets the cardboard centre of the toilet roll on top of the pedal bin.

Luckygirl Fri 28-Aug-15 17:45:13

Ah yes! - I can never understand why OH does not wash his hands in the utility room after dirty jobs. It is only next to the kitchen. He prefers to wash his hands over a sink full of vegetables being washed.

MiniMouse Fri 28-Aug-15 18:08:28

..... And splash grease, soil over the clean washing up in the rack angry

Katek Fri 28-Aug-15 18:17:49

Alea-he'd been topping up the car's vital fluids, shut the bonnet and heard a clatter. Assuming something essential had fallen off, he dismantled something at the bottom to let it fall through and there was a rather confused snail! We think it went to Aberdeen with us this morning. Humanitarian or not it's veeeerrry easy to get annoyed with him re hand washing-it's not as if I haven't asked him time without number to go and wash them elsewhere. angry

ninathenana Fri 28-Aug-15 18:20:28

I will polish DH's halo. He washes and dries his hands in the downstairs loo which is next to the backdoor.
He does have faults grin

Katek Fri 28-Aug-15 18:25:44

Mine has a catalogue! Or does it just seem that way because I'm cross?!

Don't start me on the teabags in the sink.......!!

BlackeyedSusan Fri 28-Aug-15 18:39:00

Thanks for that Alea. angry

<wipes coffee>

Snortable posts should come with a health warning!

Mine once used my best teatowel to mop something up from the floor. Thankfully he is now an ex h and tea towels are safe. Snails on the other hand...

Mine had a common sense by-pass at birth.

tiggypiro Fri 28-Aug-15 22:09:19

Not quite sure katek why you are surprised that he walks past the utility room sink and towel. He is a man and they are programmed from birth not to see things right in front of them - even things they were the last ones to use the keys/book/coffee etc etc

Envious Fri 28-Aug-15 22:41:32

At least your OH's are handy! envy

Katek Fri 28-Aug-15 23:12:01

It's man looking which is different to woman looking, you're right. Mine is always surprised when I find things in places he's apparently already looked- ' it wasn't there when I looked.' Oh yes it was!

BlackeyedSusan Sat 29-Aug-15 00:47:39

ds is definitely showing signs of male fridge blindness* already... goodness knows what it will be like when he is older. hmm

* the inability to see the roastchicken in the fridge because there is ( wine ) something in front of it, partially obscuring the roastchicken

BlackeyedSusan Sat 29-Aug-15 00:49:20

envious, is he heck! computers yes. diy goodness no. I would not have been trying to wallpaper the living room at 8 months pregnant with spd if he was handy

NanKate Sat 29-Aug-15 07:49:26

I have a DH who saves all manner of critters. He also spends hours sorting out all the bird feeders and buying expensive seed because a certain sort of bird likes it. hmm

However he is the one who is always reminding me about not leaving electrical products plugged in over night and closing the curtains completely so no one can look in at night and locking every bl**dy door. angry

Nelliemoser Sat 29-Aug-15 08:11:34

Unwrapping his Shredded Wheat smoothing out the paper and then leaving it on the table instead of putting it into the recycling. So then I screw it up and bin it.
Crumbs rarely wiped up. Plate left on table instead of quickly rinsing and sticking it in the dishwasher.

Maggiemaybe Sat 29-Aug-15 09:14:31

Opening junk mail, putting said junk carefully back into the envelope, and leaving it on the table. Folding every receipt neatly into at least four, and scattering them wherever he happens to be when clearing out pockets, for me to find and unfold and add to the accounts. Every ruddy time! Oh, and much more, and all the above...

But I love him, daft as he is. smile

shysal Sat 29-Aug-15 10:03:53

When I was married, I used to pick up all stuff lying around, like empty envelopes, mugs, old newspapers etc. and dump them on the chair in his study, closing the door firmly. It didn't stop him, but gave me some satisfaction. One of the most annoying places he left 'things' was the ironing board, I only had to put it up and turn my back for a moment! It is wonderful living alone now, everything stays in its place.