Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sat 29-Aug-15 06:20:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey cloud but high, could turn out to be a nice day here in Brackley.
Mick

baubles Sat 29-Aug-15 06:46:37

Good morning Mick. I've not yet opened the curtain but I hear the rain pitter pattering on the window of my hotel room here in Inverary.

nannotgran Sat 29-Aug-15 07:07:48

It very still and caim in north essex this morning and i think we will have a nice day
Not much planed except the market in manningtree
enjoy your day

NfkDumpling Sat 29-Aug-15 07:12:08

Morning All

A very still morning here with high dense mackerel clouds. Apparently rain and nasty weather is forecast for later today. I'm planning to harvest most of the sweet corn this morning. It'll have to come off the cob which is a pain, as there's no room in the freezer. It's been suggested that I should use an electric carving knife - it could be interesting!

Have a lovely day Everyone.

whitewave Sat 29-Aug-15 07:23:50

Morning Mick, hope all is well.

Dull day here on Sussex Downs. The light is changing now and getting autumnal.
Finish packing for HoLs, off tomorrow.

Have good day everybody.

NanKate Sat 29-Aug-15 07:25:54

Morning Mick and All,

I think the weather should be reasonable here in the Thames Valley and then as we are packing up to have a picnic and see an outdoor production of 'The Three a Musketeers' this evening the rain is due. hmm

No problems though as we take black bin bags to sit in, scarves! gloves and hats and a nice flask of coffee SORTED.

Thanks [Nfk] have a good day harvesting yourself.

cornergran Sat 29-Aug-15 07:35:46

Good morning everyone. The cloud is building in this part of the SW. Off to the supermarket so as long as it stays dry I 'm happy. Have a good day.

PRINTMISS Sat 29-Aug-15 07:41:40

Good morning to you all, it is cloudy but bright, and I am seriously considering putting the central heating back on, so that we have warm mornings, because these are really chilly these days. Think it is going to be a fine day, hope so, because we are off to a garden party in aid of guide dogs for the blind this p.m. Enjoy your days.

ninathenana Sat 29-Aug-15 09:28:46

Morning all.
Hazy sunshine in N Kent. We've got a trip to a large garden centre planned which has other shops on site and a pub that does lovely food right next door. That's our day taken care of smile

SloeGinny Sat 29-Aug-15 10:09:31

Good morning all, it's another sunny day in the Tees Valley.

Should have been helping at a fund raiser today, but not feeling up to it, so will get on with some housework.

Pittcity Sat 29-Aug-15 10:14:17

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Lie in this morning, must have been the sea air at the fabulous air show yesterday.
Woke up to Summer again, although it is not forecast to last.
Cleaning and de cluttering starts this weekend as our house is on the market. Two views in two days and we haven't found anywhere to go yet!

dustyangel Sat 29-Aug-15 10:26:09

Good morning all. It's another hot and sunny one here, much to SiL's delight. He is someone who thrives in the sun.

A busy day here too. GD arrives later with her boyfriend joining DD1and Sil1 who came last Wednesday and then on Tuesday GS arrives as well. Heaven.

But before that we are all going down to the market. Second visit of the day for DH and I. After GD arrives we will be donning white clothing and heading off for White Night, the town's end of summer festival. smile

Have a good day everyone. sunshine

KatyK Sat 29-Aug-15 11:19:51

Good morning. Today is a lovely day. Nothing to do with the weather. My granddaughter stayed over and is staying all day. She is a teenager and probably has better things to do but is happy to spend the day with us. smile

joannapiano Sat 29-Aug-15 11:28:25

Hello to everyone, from a sunny Hertfordshire. We waved goodbye to two DGC yesterday, after saying a week with us. Due to the weather, I have now seen the Minions movie in both 2D and 3D, plus the Inside Out film, this holiday.
We now have four smaller DGC coming to lunch, as they are home from their hols in Suffolk, during which, the 14 month old finally got up and walked. Happy days!

hildajenniJ Sat 29-Aug-15 12:18:15

Good afternoon everyone.
I went back to bed this morning at 07.50, after giving Waitrose a spruce up! I was very tired. We have a blustery, dry day, with sunshine but lots of fast moving clouds. Tynedale is beginning to look quite autumnal with all the berries ripening on the trees. Well, can't dawdle as DS is coming for his lunch, and I have Turkey escalopes to rustle up.
Have a lovely day all.