Gransnet forums

Chat

HAPPY ST ANDREWS DAY

(21 Posts)
whitewave Mon 30-Nov-15 07:55:19

No messagewine

J52 Mon 30-Nov-15 08:03:36

Happy St Andrews day to all Scots, at home or away.

X

Pittcity Mon 30-Nov-15 08:03:47

Is it really two years since I met you lovely ladies in Edinburgh?

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 30-Nov-15 08:15:08

We have the Google logo today! wine

Anniebach Mon 30-Nov-15 08:38:20

Happy St.Andrews Day

Charleygirl Mon 30-Nov-15 09:16:01

I feel homesick

annodomini Mon 30-Nov-15 10:08:34

Me too Charleygirl. No harm in indulging in a bit of nostalgia. So happy St Andrew's Day to all my fellow Scots and especially co-exiles. And a special smile and a wee dram to other St Andreans.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 30-Nov-15 11:13:22

Slàinte! wine

Bennan Mon 30-Nov-15 11:43:01

Right back at you all! Haggis, neaps and tatties for dinner tonight courtesy of English DH. He is a gem! Miss family and friends, but wonder at the changes that are happening. Does it feel the same these days? Have not been back since the referendum so do wonder. hmm

Teetime Mon 30-Nov-15 11:46:34

Happy St Andrews Day dear friends all - I shall toast you in the traditional fashion. wine

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 30-Nov-15 11:56:16

If you click on the St Andrews Day Google logo, Nessie winks at you! grin

Charleygirl Mon 30-Nov-15 12:37:40

I remember my school days on the 30th each year and they were fabulous. The nuns really pushed the boat out to make the each year memorable.

Elegran Mon 30-Nov-15 12:38:18

She winks even if you do nothing - brazen hussy.

Jayh Mon 30-Nov-15 12:54:26

Bennan- Scotland is in good form. Happy Saint Andrew's Day everyone. ?

whitewave Mon 30-Nov-15 13:46:23

I have a Scottish friend from work in England who moved back to Scotland about 3 years ago after 20 odd years in England on the South Coast. She is utterly miserable citing the weather in particular. She is having real difficulties moving back, first because of her job and secondly the price of property.

Elegran Mon 30-Nov-15 13:55:50

How long had she been away? Long enough to become acclimatised to the difference?

Winding back the clock is not always a good idea. When I go back to the south of England I find it a great place for a holiday, but I don't think I would settle to living there again.

Cherrytree59 Mon 30-Nov-15 14:00:07

Happy St Andrews Day to you all.
Bit homesick too. But my family are all south, So am happy here as well.
Slainte north and south!

Charleygirl Mon 30-Nov-15 15:06:27

I could afford to move back to Scotland because of London property prices but I only have 2 friends there now- I am better off here I think. Anyway, I am not sure if I could cope with the hassle and I would have to find a property, never mind the move!

GeminiJen Mon 30-Nov-15 16:56:38

Happy St Andrews Day to you all from me too!

whitewave...Sorry to hear about your friend....although I imagine the difference in property prices must have been a shock to the system. In defence of our weather though, my daughter lives in North Yorks and it's been much worse there than here in East Lothian.

For myself, I moved back to Scotland after 30 years in various parts of England, and have no regrets.

Tonight....Well, I'm a volunteer with the Scottish Seabird Centre, and we'll be celebrating in the traditional way, so I'll raise a glass to GransNettters one and all wine...in the absence of a smiley for our national drink.

Katek Mon 30-Nov-15 17:11:14

Happy St Andrews Day to all my fellow Scots wherever you are!

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 01-Dec-15 06:57:07

Great photo Katek. I'm down south with family back in Scotland and daydream about moving near my Mum, but I know it will never happen now. I've lived longer in England than in Scotland which seems very weird. Will be there for Christmas. smile