Gransnet forums

Chat

The Soop Kitchen

(1000 Posts)
thatbags Fri 04-Dec-15 08:13:52

soop gave me a key so her you are, folks, the new extension. Plate of crumbly oatcakes on the side there with the coffee and tea pots.

annsixty Fri 04-Dec-15 08:24:10

As a " soop kitchen" it could get very crowded in here although as I think it is quite a way off the beaten track you may be ok.

Alea Fri 04-Dec-15 08:59:39

Sounding "The Last Post" thatbags?
I wish I could have a "new kitchen as easily, as now I have to "de-blood" the cupboard fronts, cooker, door frames, lower walls, radiator, and floor after yesterday's debacle with poor Gracie's tail tip getting caught in the back door. <feeling very ashamed>
She is fine this morning and the bandage has stayed on so no more blood splashes, but just as we bleed copiously from our noses, greyhounds seem to bleed copiously full stop. They are used a lot for canine blood donation,so that could be why.
She may wish to rehome me after this tchhmm

Charleygirl Fri 04-Dec-15 09:05:40

Alea the poor mite -I do hope that she is okay and had a decent night's sleep. I would happily rehome her here but Tara would have her eyes out and there has been enough blood spillage I think.

I think that maybe you need to return to the doggy caring classes for a refresher course.

Lona Fri 04-Dec-15 10:26:35

Poor Grace! It's a nightmare when the tail gets damaged, it seems to bleed forever, and the poor dog gets more and more excited and leaps around spraying everywhere! grin
Poor Alea too, you'll be finding odd drips for ages!

thatbags Fri 04-Dec-15 15:02:38

Just bumping this so Our Soop can find it easily. It's a bit like Hogwart's when the staircases move around a new soop kitchen until we've sorted the magic out.

soop Fri 04-Dec-15 15:03:35

AHHHHHH!!! Thank you dear bags for doing the honours. flowers

I didn't expect our former kitchen to be out of bounds that soon. I'm so very pleased that we are all comfortable and ready for the next episode in our wee chat room. tchgrin

We've been busy and I've only just this moment logged on/

I shall need to read through all the latest messages. Promise to get back to you and enjoy the pleasure of your company a little later.

number Thank goodness! I'm delighted for you.

Jud The main post office in Campbeltown assure me that your parcel may well be delivered this week. I was speechless. First class from there on Friday last and still somewhere in the pipeline. I was told to return next week if you still haven't received said parcel. I shall then be given a form to fill out!

numberplease Fri 04-Dec-15 15:43:57

Alea, poor Grace, and poor You, but don`t despair, she looks contented enough in the photo, I don`t think she`ll be after rehoming you just yet!
Yes Soop, I`m so relieved at finding the painting, I think in future I`ll microchip all Christmas purchases!
By the way, I love the new kitchen, especially the aroma of freshly baked bread that`s drifting around.

soop Fri 04-Dec-15 16:25:18

Alea Isn't it a nightmare when one accidently injures the family pet. I really feel for you (and Grace)...bless her, she'll be feeling a bit ragged about the tail end.

Rory and Tortoiseshell have been having a sort of cosy get together. He sits po-faced upon his mat. She sidles up and attempts to give him a gentle nudge. He responds with a very light tap on the head. Honest to goodness, that cat has attitude. wink

Tonight we're going to the ceilidh in the village hall. It will be a very noisy affair. Big raffle and my paintings of the heeland coo and long-horn ram are to be auctioned. The hall is in a very poor state. The village needs to raise a princely sum for much needed improvements. All the villagers contribute refreshments. MacSporran is to ask our neighbour if he would like to join us. As you know the neighbour has dementia. He may in fact already be tucked up in bed with a good book. It's extraordinarily blustery outside the door.

soop Fri 04-Dec-15 16:35:27

Well, it is time yet again to log off. The hours have whizzed by since I tumbled from my cosy bed. We've been to the care home and Tesco and chased up a missing parcel and visited a shop in Campbeltown that sells only locally handmade crafts. It is a lovely wee shop. The lady who owns it is very talented. We also enjoyed our usual Friday lunchtime treat in the Royal.
I've also placed orders online...not a scrap of housework attended to. Piles of ironing which will have to stay put until tomorrow.

Thank you for your company. Keep cosy and I shall return in the morning.

moon

soop Fri 04-Dec-15 16:54:51

The worst possible news. I addressed the painting to Jud to the WRONG address. How could it have happened? I not only got the house number wrong but the postcode too. I want to weep. I did put my address on the back. PLEASE let it be returned and I shall make certain that it doesn't go astray again. I'm mortified. blush shock

soop Fri 04-Dec-15 16:55:41

sad sad sad

thatbags Fri 04-Dec-15 19:45:28

Oh dear! How exasperating for you, soop. Sympathy flowers

baubles Fri 04-Dec-15 20:24:16

I'm sure it'll be returned to you soop, keep the faith. ?

Good luck with the auction.
? ? ??

Lona Fri 04-Dec-15 20:49:19

Oh dear soop, how upsetting for you! I've got everything crossed so that it turns up! Xx

numberplease Fri 04-Dec-15 22:21:51

Oh dear Soop, and Jud as well, I do hope that someone does the right thing and returns the painting to you, Soop.
It`s mighty blowy out there right now, I can hear things moving across the yard, but I`m not going out there again tonight, sod it!

Nelliemoser Fri 04-Dec-15 22:46:52

Well I was going to pop into the new kitchen first thing this morning to stake my claim to a cosy corner but I had to go out .
I am in need of a quiet corner as I have booked until mid January. I will come out after New Year. I am not feeling inspired by anything at the moment. Feeling miserable. tchsad

Alea Fri 04-Dec-15 23:23:03

flowers nelliemoser x

soop Sat 05-Dec-15 11:25:26

Nelliemoser Warm hugs from me to you. x

I am still utterly bemused with reference to dear Jud's painting. How on earth did I get my knickers in such a diabolical twist. shock I must apologise to the post office. I am totally to blame for the mess-up.
What also troubles me is that one of my jobs in the past was as a proof reader. Before copy went to print, I and another lady read checked all content for errors. And yet, here I am...unable to copy down a simple address. blush

The ceilidh was a great success. We took our pal along and he appeared to enjoy the music. He tapped his feet and clapped his hands. He didn't utter a single word.
The young people of the village entertained us. They played a variety of instruments and sang some songs in Gaelic. The dancing was pretty wild...some chaps wore kilts wink The prize draw raised a heck of a lot of goodwill and funds for the hall project. Campbeltown Rotarians contributed sufficient to cover all the costs of the entire event. Most generous. flowers
The committee decided that the two paintings should be reserved to be auctioned at the next event that's to take place over the festive season.

soop Sun 06-Dec-15 11:27:55

Good morning to our Kitcheners. Any of you that have suffered from flooding or travel disruptions, my heart goes out to you. I've seen the terrible damage done to many homes in Carlisle. It must be heart-breaking to have one's home reduced to a mud bath.

Although we've experienced ferocious winds, the view from the window is of a lively sea on which the sun shines.

MacSporran needed to secure our neighbour's Saltire more firmly to the mast. The wind threatened to remove it and deposit it in the sea! shock

Galen Sun 06-Dec-15 11:46:08

Nellie what's wrong? Can we help ? Love and hugs to you anyway

soop Sun 06-Dec-15 11:57:07

Good morning, Galen I've just this minute pm'd Nellie as I am also concerned for her.

Bellanonna Sun 06-Dec-15 12:37:06

soop. Hallo. I haven't been up your way for a while. Now lots of people in the kitchen. I see all the crumbly oatcakes gave gone.
Please don't beat yourself up about the wrong address. It happens. I mislaid a friend's address and misremembered it. I got the town right but not the road. I knew it was a city name and thought it was Salisbury close, but it was, in fact, Winchester Close. A badly written 19 became a 10. Amazingly, owing to her unusual surname she eventually got it. As you have written return address you will surely get it back? I do still have faith in human nature.
Best wishes to nellie for whatever is wrong, to anyone suffering from the weather, and hope the greyhound is back to fully~wagging healthy tail soon.

soop Sun 06-Dec-15 12:54:52

Hello Bellanonna it's good to have you back with us. You've been missed. flowers

I am at present trying to complete a second version of the dog portrait that, thanks to my stupidity, is on a wild and windy walkabout. I checked the post code online. The correct postcode and my version are not that far apart. I would so love the painting to find it's way to Jud or be returned to me. Jud will then have two portraits...she deserves them. smile

Bellanonna Sun 06-Dec-15 13:37:12

Soop smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion