Gransnet forums

Chat

Procrastination - Me?!

(27 Posts)
Imperfect27 Mon 01-Feb-16 08:03:23

It's official, I have already procrastinated today ... I should be updating my CV and uploading it to jobsites and instead I am net-surfing and posting here. Sheer avoidance!

I also tell myself I will go for a long walk this morning ...

What are you putting off? And when you know you are procrastinating, how do you shake yourself out of it?

For the moment I am logging off and heading off to get washed and dressed for the day ...

Teetime Mon 01-Feb-16 08:50:13

I'm putting off the spring cleaning- lately I have been spending loads of time on the Gransnet local site - is anyone looking at it - not sure.

Greyduster Mon 01-Feb-16 09:18:13

I am putting off doing the decoration for GS's birthday cake. I have already used the excuse that I had a cold last week and didn't want to sneeze all over it, and now I really have to get my a**e in gear as his party is on Saturday! I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure it is going to work. If I don't make a start, I'm not going to find out, am I?

Lona Mon 01-Feb-16 09:23:03

I'm putting off getting out of bed every morning and anything to do with exercise! I don't know what's the matter with me because I've always been so keen to keep fit, now suddenly I just don't care.
Is it an age thing? I do wonder if I'm a bit depressed.

hildajenniJ Mon 01-Feb-16 09:32:31

I'm putting off everything that can be put off! My motto "always put off until tomorrow, what you don't have to do today".

Lona Mon 01-Feb-16 09:33:55

That makes me feel a lot better Hilda grin

Indinana Mon 01-Feb-16 09:41:26

I'm definitely with hildaj here smile I currently putting off making curtains for my DGD's room, finishing a cardigan I'm knitting for her, sorting out some photos for a photo book. And the biggy - tidying up this uber untidy house. The longer I put that off the more untidy it gets and the more I can't face starting it. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 09:52:23

Does sound like a bit of depression Lona. sad

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 09:52:58

This sunshine will do you more good than the sad there!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 09:57:23

My DH has already washed up, been out on an errand on my bike, and is now off on another mission! And I'm still thinking about getting my arse in gear. Sigh! Why can't I be like that?

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 09:58:53

Will throw myself on exercise bike now. I will!

Lona Mon 01-Feb-16 10:06:31

Thanks jings sunshine

annodomini Mon 01-Feb-16 10:45:25

I'm putting off just about everything. Suffering from intermittent attacks of vertigo and am going to see GP this afternoon. If I can get that sorted, I will have to find another excuse for procrastinating. blush

Imperfect27 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:47:26

Heartening to know I am not the only one who procrastinates ha ha!

I have got on with my job application and CV, but it is a long job. I didn't realise how out of date my personal spec has become after working somewhere constantly for 7 plus years!

Time for a cuppa and a 'something' to revitalise the brain matter.

By the by, when I broke my ankle last summer, someone kindly gave me an exercise bike. It has made a very nice perch for our cat ... grin

cornergran Mon 01-Feb-16 10:57:16

'One day when I feel like it' seems to cover a multitude of non-essential tasks. smile

merlotgran Mon 01-Feb-16 11:06:25

I'm putting off going into town because I have to go to the bank. I had a small tax rebate last week and they sent a bloody cheque. I'm suffering from CBA syndrome but......mustn't grumble.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 13:56:32

I have not been on the exercise bike yet. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 01-Feb-16 13:57:28

But I will may do, still.

boggles Mon 01-Feb-16 14:53:38

I've joined the procrastinators society, but we haven't got round to meeting yet!

Teetime Mon 01-Feb-16 15:07:48

smileboggle

rosesarered Mon 01-Feb-16 15:37:17

Never do today that which can be put off until tomorrow!?

tanith Mon 01-Feb-16 15:46:50

I've got a parcel that didn't get picked up last week that I need to rearrange pick up for, I've been putting it off since last Monday...

rockgran Mon 01-Feb-16 15:49:44

I'll think about it later.

lizzypopbottle Tue 02-Feb-16 17:02:10

Procrastination is my middle name. I don't use my first name....

Imperfect27 Tue 02-Feb-16 17:12:46

Ha ha ... I still haven't had that walk!!!