Gransnet forums

Chat

Weight

(11 Posts)
watermeadow Thu 11-Feb-16 19:15:58

My old scales had got erratic so bought some more. Came with a guarantee so I asked if they were guaranteed to say I weighed less than the old ones did. The assistant said,"yes, and it helps if you keep one foot on the floor"
Got home, stepped onto scales, which said I weighed 3 lbs more than I thought.
Shall I go and retrieve old scales from the bin?

pollyparrot Thu 11-Feb-16 19:32:12

No, instead go out tomorrow and buy some lettuce for your dinner. I jest of course! I've just hit a wall with my diet. We had steak, kidney and mushroom pie with mash last night and tonight. Well it was a big pie so we were quite good making it do twice.

I must get back onto the lettuce leaves....

rubylady Fri 12-Feb-16 05:30:44

I lost 7 lbs last week. I've started a dairy free diet (stomach problems, very bloated didn't seem to pass wind, now I do, please don't come round and light a match, you won't see me again!) and I got prescribed thyroid tablets so my metabolism could have gone up. Whatever it is, I'm not changing it!

I do have some new talking scales. The first time I used them, she said "One at a time please!". confused

tiredoldwoman Fri 12-Feb-16 05:37:57

Well done Rubylady ! I can't my poundage to move at all , I need to lose 3 stone by May !! I need Watermeadow's scales then at least I would have lost 3lbs !

loopylou Fri 12-Feb-16 06:06:04

My scales said 'Ouch!' when I stood on them, so am being very good at the moment - 3 lbs off first week.
Still have tins of biscuits and boxes of Christmas chocolates......taking them into work next week ?

Good luck everyone!

Teetime Fri 12-Feb-16 09:02:58

Its taken me since Xmas to move 8 lbs so its slow but sure for me then. Not giving up a glass of wine in the evening.

NanaandGrampy Fri 12-Feb-16 09:11:58

I actually laughed out loud at your post ruby ...my scales just say 'oooomphhhh' when i get on !

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 12-Feb-16 09:37:02

That's right loopy. Offload it on other poor sods who are also desperately trying to shed a bit of weight. hmm

Rubylady you made me laugh out loud. grin And well done with the diet. smile

Greyduster Fri 12-Feb-16 09:48:56

I have convinced myself that exercise is the key to me losing weight. Now I've got to convince myself to take some!hmm

rubylady Fri 12-Feb-16 21:05:51

I have got these flowers off my doggie for Valentine's Day but she has warned me that if I keep "blowing off" as she puts it, then she has a knapsack prepared and she will walk! blush

Jomarie Fri 12-Feb-16 23:38:51

Am waiting for my sister to come back from her 6 week cruise to the Amazon (and other exotic places) before I join her in shedding the pounds - hopefully - meanwhile making the most of it as I know she will have gained far more than I have !!!! Sisterly love, you can't beat it grin