Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's friendly KITCHENERS

(999 Posts)
soop Wed 30-Mar-16 08:27:35

Hello you lot...here we are again...happy as can be...all good friends and jolly good company...sunshine wine brew cupcake flowers

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 08:28:49

Now that I've prepared a wee feast for you. please help yourselves and relax. I shall call in after the ironing session. x

kittylester Wed 30-Mar-16 08:29:29

Morning soop and everyone. I've brought Buck's Fizz to celebrate the new kitchen and some hot cross buns that were on offer in the Co-op yesterday - they are lovely toasted with lashings of butter. grin

Galen Wed 30-Mar-16 08:35:22

Morning

annsixty Wed 30-Mar-16 08:38:37

Nice cheerful kitchen. We have champagne for tonight kitty so you can share the Buck's Fizz between yourselves.

Bellanonna Wed 30-Mar-16 08:46:06

Congrats on the new kitchen soop. Hope to see you soon. Maybe in the evening as I'd like to catch sight of that lovely sunset.

Gagagran Wed 30-Mar-16 09:10:58

I see the ribbon has been cut to mark the new extension so I have brought the flowers.

flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

annodomini Wed 30-Mar-16 09:13:19

LOvely new kitchen soop and bigger than ever, I see. The view is even better with the wider window too. And Rory has settled down again in the new surroundings. Buck's Fizz, thanks Kitty. Don't mind if I do. Had a good - if stormy - weekend with DS1 and two GC. DiL is away leading a school ski trip. DGS, now 11, is officially taller than me. GD, 13, is shorter, but makes up for it in looks, personality and enterprising spirit.

annodomini Wed 30-Mar-16 09:14:16

PS Please, everyone, don't let me near any chocolate. Nuff said?

Charleygirl Wed 30-Mar-16 09:51:27

At last I have made arrangements for my perfectly good armchairs to go to a local charity. They have been decent and are picking up the chairs the same day that I am expecting my new suite. I would put money on it that everybody arrives at once, those taking away and the fellows bringing the new suite. At least I will not have to sit on a kitchen, dining or garden chair for days.

I tried to sell them but the company was only interested in a 3 piece suite. I am very grateful that they are actually going. They are too big for this dinky house, I must have thought that I was staying in some hotel lounge when I bought them. Very difficult to judge size when surrounded with so much furniture.

Lovely to be in the new extension, Rory has settled down as always- not a lot bothers him unless MacSporran takes off for a day.

moomin Wed 30-Mar-16 10:15:08

A new kitchen, and doesn't it look good ? Tidying up here before the GC arrive for a couple of days, my DDiL has a wonderfully clean and tidy house so best be out with a duster and Henry

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 14:34:11

I'm back. Lovely to see you lot settling in and busy blethering.

Thank you kitty for yet more hot cross buns...a treat at any time of the year. Always with lashings of butter. I so enjoy a glass of Bucks Fizz. grin Slainte!

Thank you for the flowers Gaga They help to set the scene.

anno As much as I love the stuff... I honestly do not wish to be tempted by more chocolate. blush

moomin Grandchildren won't mind a layer or two of dust. They will be thrilled to visit and enjoy your company. Just a quick flick with a duster and you'll be sorted. wink*

Charleyg Naturally both parties are bound to arrive at the same time. Smile sweetly. Offer a brew and cupcake and heave a sigh of relief.

Bella The sky yesterday evening was interesting. A mixture of cloud formations. Here are the photos that I took from our sitting room window.

thatbags Wed 30-Mar-16 14:41:50

Hello Kitcheners! Just popping in while I was passing to say hello, then I need to convert three over-ripe bananas into a loaf. I hope there is chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream in the freezer to have with it.

Nice clouds, soop. There were some fairly spectacular ones here too while I was driving back round the loch after my morning with the knitters and then doing the weekly shop. ☁️☁️☁️☁️ No camera to take photos so those emojis will have to do.

Nelliemoser Wed 30-Mar-16 16:19:15

Hello again I see we already have another new house.

I have brought along enough hot cross buns for the five thousand and there are only two of us to eat them all, do help. There is some nice butter as well.

numberplease Wed 30-Mar-16 16:19:33

Love the new kitchen Soop, it really makes the most of that view.
I`m panicking slightly. We leave on our cruise on Monday, and I`ve just spotted something in the very tiny print that says items of luggage must measure no more than 75cms x 58cms x 23cms. I`ve just measured our cases, and they are 80cms x 53cms x 19cms. Do you think they`ll make an issue over 5cms more in length, seeing as the other 2 measurements are smaller? I really don`t feel like buying new cases at this late date!

NanaandGrampy Wed 30-Mar-16 16:24:22

Lovely views soop !!

and cake !! Well don't mind if I do.

ah bags I too have overripe bananas but I'm going for banana nut muffins today, so fingers crossed they turn out ok.

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 16:51:54

Hello dear bags...you've twisted my arm. Banana loaf (a generous slice) and a hearty dollop of ice-cream please.
The clouds, at one point, resembled a bridge. Flashes of setting sun peered through the iron grey masses. Not very poetic. I'm certain that you'll visualise what it is I'm getting at. wink

Good move, Nelliem Us lot have hearty appetites.

number Ask our Galen She's the expert. If you want my opinion...I say...you'll be allowed on board. grin

NanaandGrampy What are you doing up and about in the kitchen! Get into your comfy chair this minute. Feet up and be a lady of leisure.

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 16:55:20

Galen Where are you? number needs you expert opinion.
Oh! I believe that your friend's husband's funeral is today. If so...ignore me. flowers

annodomini Wed 30-Mar-16 17:01:25

I'm loving these zero calorie hot cross buns. Had too many of the other kind last week. hmm

Galen Wed 30-Mar-16 17:08:17

number only just got in from work.
Never heard of this before. I wouldn't have thought it would matter. Which cruise line are you?

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 17:21:44

Galen smile Now that you're in touch with number I can log off and prepare high tea for two cats. They are enjoying a sunny patch in the garden.

I have no idea why it is that once again I have a sore throat. Surely that wretched bug doesn't strike twice in so short a spell.

Bye for now. I shall call by again tomorrow.

Love to you all. Thank you for helping to tidy the kitchen. At one point I was ankle deep in crumbs.

moon

soop Wed 30-Mar-16 17:24:52

It's far too early to photograph a sunset.
Here's one that I enjoyed a wee while ago.

Bellanonna Wed 30-Mar-16 17:38:05

What an interesting variety of skies you have up there soop. The first ones rather brooding, and the later one really spectacular. You would never get tired of sky-gazing.

Charleygirl Wed 30-Mar-16 20:28:15

I do love the last sunset that you kindly photographed for us soop.

Rory and daughter are so well looked after.

Tara appeared early pm and has been on my bed ever since- I do hope that she is just tired and does not feel unwell.

Crafting Wed 30-Mar-16 21:13:37

Yawn ?. I stayed up really late last nigh as I was hoping to start a new kitchen. I had all the virtual bricks and concrete ready but there weren't enough posts sad so then I fell asleep. Next thing I know, you're all here scoffing hot crass buns and sipping champers in our new home.

Nice new kitchen soop lovely and comfy. Just like usual. Cheers everyone grin