Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning May Day

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-May-16 06:40:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright and sunny morning here in Brackley, and the Morris Dancers are in the Market Square as well, they started at 0530.
Mick

Mamie Sun 01-May-16 07:02:06

Bright, sunny and very frosty in Normandy. It is a big holiday day here in France so we are off to join the rest of the village at 9am, when we drive off in convoy for 30km for a walk and a shared picnic. I am wearing layers!

kittylester Sun 01-May-16 07:02:47

Morning Mick, morning all!

It is bright and sunny in North Leicestershire as well this morning. It's also quite cold and I think we had rain overnight.

Dh is going to the Cheltenham Jazz Festival with one of his brothers today and I am going to do nothing!

Enjoy May Day everyone sunshine

Gagagran Sun 01-May-16 07:43:32

Happy May Morning all!

I am joining you in doing nothing today kitty as my DH is on an away day too. He is going to cycle round the coast of the Isle of Wight with some bike club chums in an organised event called a randonee. (needs an acute accent but I don't know how to do it on this keyboard!)

There are regular feeding stations and there is a choice of 50k or 100k routes. They are catching the 8am ferry so should have a lovely crossing as the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Still a bit cool though.

Enjoy your days everyone. sunshine

PRINTMISS Sun 01-May-16 07:54:07

Good morning to you all, and ditto the sunshine and chill, lovely sitting indoors! Not a lot planned for today, although I have been meaning to power wash the drive for sometime, so MIGHT get round to that sometime. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Sun 01-May-16 08:24:05

Good morning everyone.
It is raining in this corner of Tynedale.
DH is working from 9 to 3 today so Sunday lunch will become tea. DS is coming and we are having roast lamb etc. Only 6 days now until DH has his 65th birthday. He isn't retiring, but is reducing his hours to 21. Whoopee, he can't wait!
Have a good day everyone.

Cherrytree59 Sun 01-May-16 08:30:32

Pinch punch first of the month
Happy May day one and all.
Sunny but cold in staffordshire

cornergran Sun 01-May-16 08:33:18

Morning All. No sun in our corner of Somerset. Bright but cloudy. We've rain forecast later, plan a couple of hours in the garden then not much for the rest of the day. A good May Day to all.

mollie Sun 01-May-16 08:33:24

Morning all. Morris dancers at 5.30am Mick, goodness!

A sunny, chilly start here in MK. We have a family lunch with four generations trying to see eye-to-eye to look forward to. Wish me luck...

Enjoy May Day folks - why did it become Early Spring Bank Holiday here?

loopylou Sun 01-May-16 08:35:15

Good morning all!
Lovely sunny start to May here in Wiltshire, albeit somewhat chilly.
Washing's already on the line, neighbour's dog to walk and hoping I'll get some gardening done today.

NfkDumpling Sun 01-May-16 08:37:31

Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits! Happy Mayday everyone!

Brilliant sunshine here too - not sure about the temperature, I haven't been outside.

May, possibly, go for a sail later. We were out late last night and DH is still slumbering (my turn to drive, so I'm feeling smug and virtuous) so I don't yet know if he's up to it!

sunshine

Pittcity Sun 01-May-16 08:53:13

Good morning May from sunny Colchester. Late rising after wine tasting last night. Dishwasher has started on glasses and I am hoping to get out in the sunshine. Sat outside the café at the Roman Circus with coffee yesterday afternoon and soaked up some much needed rays!

ninathenana Sun 01-May-16 08:58:16

Morning all.
Lovely sunshine here in N Kent.
Just waiting for H to finish cooking breakfast after which he's off to the allotment. I shall be doing........not a lot.
Enjoy your restful day kitty

Greyduster Sun 01-May-16 09:20:26

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Good heavens- 5.30? Don't people sleep in Brackley? smile. It is bright and cold here in South Yorkshire. We are going for a walk later, but at the moment I am in no hurry to get up of bed! Happy May Day everyone!

whitewave Sun 01-May-16 09:47:36

Glorious day here on South Downs just a tad chilly.

Gardening today. Watering the new plants as it has been very dry with just the odd shower.

whitewave Sun 01-May-16 09:48:20

PS. Anyone wash in the early morning dew?

harrigran Sun 01-May-16 10:10:22

Good morning from a grey, wet north east. DS and family have gone off to the cinema and will arrive shortly after noon. DH has gone out to get supplies.

dustyangel Sun 01-May-16 11:32:24

Good Morning everyone. It's a lovely sunny day here, May Day, Bank holiday and Sunday all rolled into one!

The weather seem to have turned warm and left me with my usual quandary of what to pack for a week in England. hmm
I hope you all have a Happy May Day and a good week ahead. sunshine