Gransnet forums

Chat

I went to visit my mum today............... ......

(18 Posts)
kittylester Thu 05-May-16 17:26:04

and was told that she is so much better that they have taken her off 'end of life care'! confused

Bet no one expected me to post that!! grin

MiniMouse Thu 05-May-16 17:42:56

You must be in shock KittyL How incredible!

Luckygirl Thu 05-May-16 18:27:36

Oh heavens kitty - what an emotional roller coaster you are on!

Ana Thu 05-May-16 19:54:54

kitty...confused smile

granjura Thu 05-May-16 20:23:44

Oh my ....(((hugs))) roller coaster indeed.

Do get on with your life, go on y break or holiday- che sera, sera x

jogginggirl Thu 05-May-16 23:58:49

Wow kitty - I have never heard of that before!!

You must be in shock - maybe time to do a re-think on where you go from here...? And to enjoy some of your life ...? Good luck flowers

rubylady Fri 06-May-16 00:47:31

Well, good news. So what is next then Kitty? Are they talking about sending her back home at all? How is she, in herself? She must be a little shaken herself? How is the rest of the family? It is certainly a shocker but good news. Take care of you. smile

Teetime Fri 06-May-16 03:02:29

kitty this sometimes happens and I suppose when you think about it who can possibly predict in all cases what the outcome is going to be. I hope she is Ok and stable at the moment and at least you're not living on a knife edge. Best wishes. flowers.

cornergran Fri 06-May-16 07:21:20

Goodness, what a surprise, but a good one. Hope life can be more settled for you both now. Good wishes to you and to your Mum.

kittylester Fri 06-May-16 07:21:35

Thank you all.

To us, mum is much the same as she has been recently - asleep most of the time, on morphine, not eating much, not drinking much either. confused

NanKate Fri 06-May-16 07:35:36

It's hard to know what to say Kiity knowing the bumpy time you have had with your mum.

Any chance you and DH could get a bit of a break and go away on a jolly, even if it is just a few days ? You need to recharge your batteries. flowers

Indinana Fri 06-May-16 07:40:01

Good heavens, kitty what a turnaround! I can see why you've used the 'confused' emoticon - you would never have expected to have this news. I do hope she's comfortable and settled now for a while. All the best for you all. flowers

kittylester Fri 06-May-16 07:42:33

We have a few days booked in Suffolk in a couple of weeks and are definitely going.... I hope! We had the hotel booked in April too but postponed as mum was poorly.

annsixty Fri 06-May-16 08:55:22

Just plan on going kitty we had this for months with my mother,not going on holiday, and now we can't go I find myself bitterly regrettng and even resenting it. We were snatching 2/3days away and we did get called back about 10 days before she died, when it took us four and a half hours to get to Derbyshire from Wales with our 7 year old GD.
I wasn't even with her when she died as after spending several nights at the RH I had gone home for a decent night's sleep and was in the car on the way back next morning when I got the call to say she had died.
My thoughts are with you at this very unsettled time

ninathenana Fri 06-May-16 09:58:55

Well, that's a turn up.
Mum did rally after the first time but it wasn't as long an episode as your mum kitty
Thinking of you flowers

harrigran Fri 06-May-16 11:00:41

kitty flowers

Lona Fri 06-May-16 14:43:43

kitty flowers
You must feel so mixed up ((hugs))

grannyactivist Fri 06-May-16 15:26:15

Kitty I'm expecting to hear something similar about my mum! She's still emaciated and bedridden, but it doesn't look as if the end is coming any time soon. She has carers coming in three times a day and constantly complains about all the time she spends on her own even though she has plenty of visits from my siblings and nieces. Only certain ones are appreciated and it's as if the rest of us don't count.