Gransnet forums

Chat

Exciting day

(9 Posts)
kittylester Wed 25-May-16 14:34:56

We are in Suffolk at moment (sadly coming home tomorrow) and the weather has been very overcast today so we read the papers for a while then went for a driveending, up in Thorpeness.

There is a cafe attached to an antiques centre so we decided to have a drink and some cake and then a mooch! They had gluten free custard tarts!!! I haven't had a custard tart since I went gf!!

Then, looking round the 'antiques', DH announced he'd seen Antonio Carluccio. I told him not to be so silly until we also saw David Harper and lots of young men with cameras and discovered that they were filming an episode of Celebrity Antiques Road Trip and the really old Italian car dh had been drooling over was the one they were using!

And, I bought an almost new Jane Shilton cross body bag for £28!

loopylou Wed 25-May-16 14:40:10

Sounds like a brilliant day to end your holiday!
Quite envy
?

PRINTMISS Wed 25-May-16 14:45:35

That is a lovely day for you Kitty you deserved that.

Cherrytree59 Wed 25-May-16 15:10:22

The unexpected day that turn out to be a great day is wonderful kitty
Glad you and DH had lovely time.

Nelliemoser Wed 25-May-16 15:46:43

A very good day Kitty

ninathenana Wed 25-May-16 16:31:55

You've trumped me kitty grin
We were in Hungerford antiques centre at the weekend and met one of the regulars from Dickinson's Real Deals. Whose shop has been on road trip a few times. It was the guy with glasses and a grey ponytail, Mike ??
I'll watch out for "your" episode smile

J52 Wed 25-May-16 16:32:09

Fantastic, you saw two of my favourite men in one go! Antiques, cakes and bags what could be better!

x

Jane10 Wed 25-May-16 16:47:15

Oh yes! My ideal day (apart from the handbags-not a big handbag fan)

cornergran Wed 25-May-16 17:43:59

Good day kitty. Isn't it so much better when these things aren't planned? Gf custard tart a major bonus. sunshine to eat if not in the sky.