Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-May-16 06:50:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like it could turn out to be a nice warm day here in Brackley this morning, bit of shopping later in Bicester using the bus both ways.
Mick

harrigran Sat 28-May-16 06:59:42

Good morning, it is grey and overcast at present. Wind off the north Sea will not allow any warmth today. Gc free zone this weekend as they are off to Islay this morning.

NfkDumpling Sat 28-May-16 07:17:47

Morning All

It's a lovely morning here in Norfolk, although just a bit hazy. Thankfully the cold wind from the north has abated now. We've just had a few days with the caravan at Minsmere before Springwatch takes over and it was freezing!

Grass cutting today, how can it grow so fast when it's still cold?

tiredoldwoman Sat 28-May-16 07:39:06

Foggy here in St.Andrews, work this afternoon, then maybe some badly needed gardening in the evening. I'm hoping that the weeds will pull out easily after all the rain !
Lunch out tomorrow with DD2 - yummy !

PRINTMISS Sat 28-May-16 07:51:19

Good morning to you all, a little overcast, but sunshine is promised (together with a slight risk of thunder-storms!). Playing in a bowls competition today, a singles against my friend and only a short game, so hopefully we shall both enjoy. She is very competitive, but would deny that - she just likes winning she says! Anyway, I shall enjoy my game, and we shall probably meet up with the other-halves for a fish and chip lunch at Sainsbury's. Living it up again. Enjoy your days.

kittylester Sat 28-May-16 07:59:47

Good morning all!

It's a promising bright start in North Leicestershire and I have my usual Saturday morning wander to the village to the paper shop, florist and library. Out for a meal with one of my brothers and Sil this evening.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone.sunshine

hildajenniJ Sat 28-May-16 07:59:50

Good morning everyone.
At 03.30 when on my way to work, there were some quite thick fog patches, but at 07.00 only way home all the fog was gone. It is still overcast but the forecast for the Tyne Valley is quite good. Quiet day for me, I might bake a cake. ?

Nana3 Sat 28-May-16 08:00:29

Good morning, it's gorgeous this morning in Lancashire, it makes me feel so much better. DGD is here, we'll make pancakes when she wakes up.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sat 28-May-16 08:03:51

Morning All. Fairly bright in our corner of Somerset after heavy rain last night. Volunteering today then hopefully some weed removal. Why do they thrive while my carefully nurtured plants need a visit to intensive care? Hope Saturday is kind to you.

grannylyn65 Sat 28-May-16 08:28:08

Perth, raining, again !

ninathenana Sat 28-May-16 08:34:29

Morning all
A dull start in N Kent but sunshineforecast this afternoon.
I hope they're right as we're going to the Kent Garden Show. Lots of lovely plants for sale.

loopylou Sat 28-May-16 08:37:27

Good morning!
Bright and sunny here in Wiltshire.
We're off to Dunster Castle today and hopefully will get a walk in too before it rains.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
??

Greyduster Sat 28-May-16 08:38:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny sunny sunny here in South Yorkshire. Gardening today, but before that I have to find a police station to turn in a pair of very expensive sunglasses I found when we were out walking. When I say I have to find a police station, there don't appear to be any little local stations open now, so it's going to be a tram ride to one of the three big district ones. Bit of a nuisance but I hope they get back to whoever lost them.

whitewave Sat 28-May-16 08:38:04

Morning lovelies!

Heavy rain overnight and still looking heavy here.

Mums today after doing her shopping. Want to put my new lupin into pots - can't plant them in ground as South Downs are chalky. I love the peppery smell. Also put out the seedling nightly scented. I just know that this summer is going to have warm nights this year!

Linsco56 Sat 28-May-16 08:54:50

Good morning all. Sun starting to break through the clouds in south west Scotland. Hope it stays nice and dry as I'm heading into town later to meet my brother and SiL for lunch and a nice large glass of merlot (or 2).