Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Spring Bank Holiday Monday

(11 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-May-16 06:58:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and windy here at the moment in Brackley but remains dry.
Mick

whitewave Mon 30-May-16 07:15:26

Morning!

Just fed the birds and it is a chilly wind, but bright here on South Downs.

Gardening today , although I hate wind.

kittylester Mon 30-May-16 07:21:32

Good morning.

It's overcast in North Leicestershire but it should be a bit sunnier later.

We did lots of gardening yesterday so today I think we will have a day of catch-up TV.

Enjoy your days everyone. sunshine

hildajenniJ Mon 30-May-16 07:29:25

Good morning everyone.
Rather grey and slight drizzle over the Tyne Valley this morning. The forecast is for better later. Going back to bed now as the very early starts are telling! House to clean when I get up again.
Have a good day everyone.

Alea Mon 30-May-16 09:19:10

Let's get this up to the top of the page where it belongs!
Grey and cool here in N. Bucks, but as I have no outdoor plans, not too bothered. As a teacher, Bank Holidays never featured in my life as they were always part of a holiday or half term so I have never got into doing anything special on BHs. One look at the motorways is enough to put me off, but for those out and about, especially with DGC ??????????‍?‍??‍?‍? I wish you sunshine all the way!

Newquay Mon 30-May-16 09:33:50

Overcast but looking promising here in Staffordshire. Going round to DD's later on-I WILL master their stupid new computer system-grr! They're away for the weekend so it will be quiet and I shall be able to get on while DH tidies up their smallish garden, no hardship.
Saw my dear sister last night who lost her DH 11 years ago. He left an enormous hole esp in her life obviously and although the she gets on with her life she still misses him terribly. I just don't know what to say to her sometimes. . . . . . It's clear she resents me still having my DH. She asked last night about holiday plans we had for this year, one with DD and one with friends. She says she has none as she has no one to go with. We all went away together regularly after her husband's death but then she fell,out with my DH when in Greece big time. It was awful. I was piggy in the middle. She apologised profusely later in person and in writing but we feel we're walking on egg shells all the time-not conducive for holidays together any more although DH says he will happily go away with her again. As, per have said, elsewhere, families eh?

Greyduster Mon 30-May-16 09:37:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and chilly here in South Yorkshire this morning. I am feeling grumpy for no reason I can fathom at the moment. DD et al are coming for a roast dinner later this afternoon, and GS will be staying overnight, so that will be something to look forward to. Have a good day folks.

Nana3 Mon 30-May-16 09:40:15

Good morning Monday.
Sorry I posted on Sunday blush confusing some, all my fault. Anyway, have done worse things.
Have a good day everyone smile

cornergran Mon 30-May-16 10:22:02

Morning All. Just surfacing after 11 hours sleep. Hooray still got germs but at least the temper will be better today. Bright and sunny in our corner of Somerset. Absolutely never travel far on a BH weekend if we can avoid it. Motorway is a car park and the town full. Tomorrow will be different as have DGC, germs best have passed over by then. sunshine.

henetha Mon 30-May-16 10:33:41

Hazy sunshine here in south Devon. I don't know why, but I just don't like Bank Holidays. Sorry to be a M.O.G. (miserable old git).

PRINTMISS Mon 30-May-16 11:24:44

Good morning to you all, a little late today, although I tried earlier and my computer just refused to budge, so let it get sorted before I returned. We have hazy sunshine again today with a strong wind, so I am taking it easy after two days gardening and one day bowling, I need a rest. Don't even know what we are having for lunch, but as the o.h. says, won't hurt us to go without. We are the lucky ones. Enjoy your days.