Gransnet forums

Chat

What time?

(10 Posts)
rubylady Sat 25-Jun-16 05:11:46

I am sat here watching the day begin again, red sky earlier, birds dusting themselves off and singing, beautiful blue now with light fluffy clouds, the sun bouncing off the corners of those clouds. Everything still, calm, gentle. A feeling like there is only me on the planet. It is a wonderful time of day and from about 10pm to 4 am is my favourite time of day.

What is your favourite time of the day? smile

morethan2 Sat 25-Jun-16 05:42:25

Well I wouldn't exactly call it my favourite time of day but I do agree rubylady it is very beautiful but I'd sooner be asleep.ive been up. Since. 3.30 because my husband is in agony with a trapped nerve. The tramadol and diazepam have done the trick, he fast asleep while I'm wide awake. But perhaps this view was worth it..just

Willow500 Sat 25-Jun-16 06:51:36

I too am a morning person and usually up at 5 most days but rarely see the outside as I'm sat at my pc or sat in here with no windows. I've been in the conservatory this morning though 'doing my nails' and it's a beautiful morning out there smile

kittylester Sat 25-Jun-16 07:05:30

I get up fairly early and enjoy sitting in bed with the blinds open, looking at the sky and the weather, while drinking a cup of tea, preferably made by dh.grin

My favourite time of the day though is around 5 pm when I start cooking the evening meal, DH sits at the kitchen table reading the paper and we chat over our days with, in my case, a glass of chilled white wine.

millymouge Sat 25-Jun-16 07:11:05

My best time of the day is early morning. I like to go out in the garden about 5 am and you can literally hear the world (well really only England) waking up. The air is different at that time of day, so much cleaner and clearer, and sounds travel far. It always seems to me that the world is taking a big breath and getting ready for another day.

Jenty61 Sat 25-Jun-16 07:15:39

I did like mornings until my new neighbours moved in upstairs!! he gets up at 5am for work and is so noisy!!??

PRINTMISS Sat 25-Jun-16 07:57:11

Love the mornings, today is lovely sunny and warm, but I think I prefer it when it is bright and cold and crisp.

NanaandGrampy Sat 25-Jun-16 08:00:52

I'm a keen photographer so I like the golden hours - very early morning as the sun rises but no shadows and that hour just before sunset when the light is mysterious and soft .

Greyduster Sat 25-Jun-16 08:30:45

I like the early mornings, too, especially if we are by the sea - I like to see the sun come up over the sea. If I am fishing I like the evening. You can fish all afternoon and not see a thing, and then, suddenly, as the sun starts getting lower, the light softens and the water cools down a bit, fish start rising and sipping down flies (always a magical sight in itself) and things can get very exciting!

oldgoat Sat 25-Jun-16 09:04:16

morethantwo
Are you on holiday or is that pool in your back garden!?