Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(9 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Jun-16 06:54:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its blue sky but clouds as well this morning over Brackley at the present moment.
Mick

whitewave Tue 28-Jun-16 07:19:04

Morning Mick

Same here on South Downs.

Walking in Friston Forest today with dog then lunch in Sussex Ox all hopefully before the rain sets in.

What an awful summer we are having. Everything is twice as high as normal and I'm spending my time cutting back trying to control it all

Greyduster Tue 28-Jun-16 07:21:52

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Another dull day here in South Yorkshire and rain forecast AGAIN! Aquafit this morning but not sure I feel up to it today. Enjoy whatever you're doing.

kittylester Tue 28-Jun-16 07:24:01

Good morning all.

North Leicestershire is similar. The garden in very lush and green but in our tiny space it can be a bit overpowering so hacking back is one of my jobs for today too. Yet more desk work when it rains I expect.

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone. sunshine

Nana3 Tue 28-Jun-16 07:50:04

Good morning everyone.
Not raining yet in West Lancashire but it's forecast to come this afternoon.
Going to see Mum this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Tue 28-Jun-16 07:53:52

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Rain due later. It stayed dry yesterday so we have finished the heavy garden work and now only have to wait for the grass to grow on the patch we cleared.
Visiting MIL who is in respite care this morning and taking baby grandson to cheer her up.
Into town this evening to see Sara Pascoe at the local Arts Centre.

annsixty Tue 28-Jun-16 08:17:42

Good morning all.
Well it's overcast yet again in Stockport but for several days now it is been very nice in small dribs and drabs with showers now and then.
My neighbour is taking me to a local garden centre for lunch hooray. As long as H has some sandwiches made he is ok for about one and a half hours, any longer and he starts to fret so I keep it to that.

PRINTMISS Tue 28-Jun-16 08:37:23

Good morning to you all, it is a lovely morning here, but like everyone else rain is due this afternoon. I fear I did too much in the garden yesterday, again like others it is lush - I cannot believe that this has been a really dry year, as was said recently. The ironing is still there, and it appears to be growing - a bit like the bushes in the garden! Enjoy your days.

loopylou Tue 28-Jun-16 08:59:03

Good morning everyone ☀️ (Well it is at the moment!)
Off for my brisk walk (I'm determined to do 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week ) around the village and back. So far have clocked up 26 miles in 6 days (52,000 odd steps?), and am using a new pedometer because the old one packed up after three days....don't think that I wore it out!
I see that the rain's back later, what a washout this summer is proving to be ?