Gransnet forums

Chat

Perhaps this is why my car is covered in paw prints?

(18 Posts)
phoenix Wed 27-Jul-16 22:17:01

I think they were attempting the "leopard up a tree" look, as since the field at the end of the garden has been cut for hay, it has rather limited their "tigers in the jungle " playing opportunities!

ninathenana Thu 28-Jul-16 00:08:33

grin
My brother's cat does this, as soon as a car pulls into their drive if the cat is around she jumps onto the warm bonnet for a nap

Charleygirl Thu 28-Jul-16 07:47:53

They both look very comfortable. My cat prefers to lie under the car as she gets the heat there.

I prefer her to stay there because she would scramble up the car, scratching it.

phoenix Thu 28-Jul-16 08:08:42

The one with the fat, flabby beige tummy on display is Digby, Oliver Sprout is the one reclining elegantly across the roof!

Gagagran Thu 28-Jul-16 08:33:29

What beautiful boys phoenix - I love tabbies. No wonder you are besotted with them. I would be too!

glammanana Thu 28-Jul-16 08:49:33

phoenix Is Digby looking at the camera and silently saying "I dare you to move me from here" ? he is reclining beautifully. lol.

Jane10 Thu 28-Jul-16 09:16:02

Gorgeous boys!

Charleygirl Thu 28-Jul-16 09:30:16

How did Digby get up there or did you lift him? I know that OS can almost fly!

Willow500 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:24:55

One of my cats does this - my husband parks his car at the side of the garage all week and its always covered in paw prints - mine's just covered in bird poo grin

PRINTMISS Thu 28-Jul-16 16:35:17

There is nothing quite like a cat 'lounging' is there? They have relaxing down to perfection. Envy you your lovely pair.

shysal Thu 28-Jul-16 17:06:48

They are gorgeous, so laid back!

phoenix Thu 28-Jul-16 18:22:55

Thanks for all the compliments, they aren't bad looking chaps, although you wouldn't think that if you saw OS when he comes in wet, I have never known a cat go out in a shower and come back looking as if he has been swimming.confused

glamma Digby is actually a bit miffed, as my opening the front door to go out and take the photo woke him up!

Charleygirl what you can't see is a hidden set of easy to climb steps, built by Mr P, to make sure that Digby (aka Action Cat) doesn't over exert himself. They even have a little resting area after each one, just so that he can pace himself!grin

Charleygirl Thu 28-Jul-16 19:20:31

I did wonder because you had mentioned before that Digby is not a cat who exerts himself.

numberplease Thu 28-Jul-16 21:10:52

I sometimes wish that Mia would sit ON cars, rather than UNDER them, as, being white, she gets oiled up and needs a bath, which she isn`t overly keen on. You`ve go a couple of beautiful boys there Phoenix.

Deedaa Thu 28-Jul-16 21:13:45

Such handsome boys phoenix

Charleygirl Thu 28-Jul-16 21:37:22

numberplease the only way to look at it is that Mia does not suffer from sunburn as she is in a shady spot under the car! I can imagine that she does not take to water too well. Tara has never been introduced to water other than what falls out of the sky.

phoenix Fri 29-Jul-16 01:03:37

The late Lily would sometimes come in looking as if she had been attempting some amateur mechanics, especially noticeable as she was pure white, bless her! She was also prone to sort of dark roots on her tail, we perfected the art of grabbing her while still half asleep, plonking her on the draining board, then dunking her tail in the sink and giving it a quick squirt of John Freida's "Born Blonde" shampoo!

No, I didn't buy it specially, I had it left over from a temporary dalliance with a different hair colour.

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 29-Jul-16 02:02:57

Gorgeous pussies!wink

My neighbour's cats (a tabbie and a tortoiseshell) go between my car, the top of the wheelie bins (one each of course), and the planters on either side of the arch in my garden. We have to keep shooing them out of our house when they stroll through the front or back doors as if they live with us! We need a new dog! grin