Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Friendly Kitcheners and pets...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sun 14-Aug-16 18:22:55

Here we are again, happy as can be, all good pals and jolly good company...three cheers and lots of love all round. flowers wine [cake]] sunshine

Charleygirl Sun 14-Aug-16 18:25:49

We made it, I was hoping that you could go on the trip to Glasgow tomorrow without worrying about us lot. Enjoy your evening meal tomorrow and all the very best flowers

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 18:26:06

??????????

My husband and Indeclare this kitchen well and truly open. God bless all who sail in her??????????????

oldgoat Sun 14-Aug-16 18:37:20

Really hope all goes well for you in Glasgow soop and the surgeon can find a way to sort out your 'bits'.
When you return there will be a new puppy to visit the kitchen. We are collecting our schnoodle puppy, Oscar, on Thursday. Can't wait.
Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

wot Sun 14-Aug-16 18:42:45

Good luck Soop and will be thinking of you. X

NanaandGrampy Sun 14-Aug-16 18:45:00

Good luck soop !!

Pour me a glass of bubbles please Daphne !!

Will there be pictures Oldgoat ?

oldgoat Sun 14-Aug-16 19:11:33

There will be pictures NandG if he keeps still long enough. OH wanted to call him 'Hairy Maclary' but I put my foot down. Enough odd animal names in our family already.

numberplease Sun 14-Aug-16 19:22:19

Soop, lots of love and good wishes for tomorrow! Oh, and I wouldn`t mind a bit of paragliding, but I don`t think there`s a gust of wind strong enough to hold me up there, lol!

Bellasnana Sun 14-Aug-16 19:44:45

Ok. It's 7.45 pm. Where's Andy??shock

Charleygirl Sun 14-Aug-16 20:32:27

I did say earlier that it is going to be "late". We have to wait until the USA mixed doubles is finished. The way things are going I will be in bed.

annodomini Sun 14-Aug-16 20:34:26

Doubles is over so Andy should be on soon.

loopylou Sun 14-Aug-16 20:35:05

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope all goes well soop ?
Please can someone pour me a ginormous G&T?

Life's bedlam here, DM's in hospital with a broken leg and cracked wrist having decided to walk without her frame (two weeks after breaking her other arm in another fall).

DDad is nearly 95 and totally useless helpless without her because she literally does everything, including helping him dress.

So between the pair of them I'm spinning like a dervish ? up and down the 48 miles between home, hospital and their house.

God knows what we do when she goes home. They've got money but seem to think that it's for a 'rainy day' and that DSis and I can care for them both, indefinitely!

?????

Charleygirl Sun 14-Aug-16 20:43:23

loopylou I hate to make things worse but your DM will be non weight bearing with her frame. I know, do not laugh. Can you not persuade your parents that the "rainy day" has arrived and maybe they should hire a home help. It is cheaper to do it privately than ask your local council to sort it out because their rates are much higher.

Please be careful, do not end up in hospital yourself or have a stupid accident caused by stress.

Crafting Sun 14-Aug-16 21:43:03

Wow another kitchen already smile. I've brought some goodies. Large chocolate cake, and some macaroons. We need a little bed for the new puppy oldgoat, somewhere in the corner where he can rest in between playing with Grace (I'm sure Grace does move from her rug occasionally.....doesn't she hmm?) and Sam.

Soop hope all goes well on Tuesday and your "bits" get sorted out ok.

Daphne sorry your DH is unwell again, although it sounds as though you are on a continual round of hospital trips. We are back doing 3 visits to the same hospital this week. Fortunately it is not too far away as 2 of them are on consecutive days. Next week back again for another photo opportunity (camera up the private bits blush for a good look around)

millymouge Sun 14-Aug-16 21:49:08

Ooooh nasty (clenching buttocks) hope all goes well crafting

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 22:05:59

Ouch crafting my sympathies! (Not a pic you'll be sharing I trust?)
I am beginning to see why the NHS is so short of funds and think it might be down to us lot
DH went off to bed a couple of hours ago so I have no moral,support in this match if Andy's which started so well, but..........
Doesn't he realise the strain on our nerves? Not to say the dram consumption?
Good luck next week, 3 visits -?? I think we will only have 2!

kittylester Sun 14-Aug-16 22:07:49

Just a flying visit soop to wish you well for tomorrow and Tuesday and a very speedy recovery.

Tizliz Sun 14-Aug-16 22:18:19

soop hope all goes well and you don't get lost on the way home. Andy is going to have to manage without me as I am off to bed, I have an X-ray appt tomorrow so no lie in.

Tizliz Sun 14-Aug-16 22:37:47

Did someone say they couldn't watch Andy as they don't have the red button? Try here www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36798553

Bellasnana Mon 15-Aug-16 01:14:23

Well, it's a little late to be entering the kitchen, but I need a quiet sit down to recover from watching the Murray match. Thrilled to bits he won Gold but what a nerve-wracking four hours that was.grin

millymouge Mon 15-Aug-16 06:35:17

Will be thinking of you soop, hope all goes well.

Lisalou Mon 15-Aug-16 07:32:48

May I come in? I have never visited the kitchen before...but i have brought a homemade chocolate cake and some shortbread for the non - choccie lovers...
Soop, hope all goes well and you are soon back with us. You are clearly missed already!

Charleygirl Mon 15-Aug-16 08:38:49

Welcome Lisalou we are a mad but caring lot here.

There is no way that I could have stayed up to watch Andy but he did do so well although as usual I was chewing my fingers because of the way that he was playing. I was not certain that he was going to win. Why does he do it to us?

Another gorgeous day here in London- no rain for many weeks now.

All the best for those of you with hospital appointments today. Daphne your car knows the way. No doubt Grace will sleep through it all, provided that you did not wake her too early- a girl needs her rest.

I am inclined to agree that us lot are costing the NHS a fair whack. I had a hospital appointment last week + two GP surgery appointments. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my left knee will be replaced next March having been cancelled this month.

Tizliz Mon 15-Aug-16 10:00:52

Charleygirl that is a long postponement for your knee replacement. Don't they realise what pain does to your quality of life. I have had to wait 8 months just to see the consultant, got my appt at last for next month.

soop Mon 15-Aug-16 11:04:16

Okay...one last visit before I pack a wee bag and scarper get on the road to Glasgow.

A warm welcome to Lisalou Anyone who comes bearing cake is guaranteed a prime seat beside the window looking out to sea. I shall need to shift Rory first. You may have one of the best tartan rugs, in case you feel a wee bit chilly.

You lot are amazing. I haven't a fancy gizmo with which to keep a beady eye on your pranks in touch. I shall be thinking of you.

I wish every one of you who has a difficultly of some sort to contend with a happy and satisfactory outcome. sunshine

I did watch Andy's match. It was a bruiser, and the two finalists fought with every ounce of their being. I also watched him receive the gold medal. It was 1:30 when I took to my bed. I was on a "high" and I imagine that he was too.

The sun is shining. On that happy note, I shall say a fond farewell. An enormous group hug and a soppy x for all our Granspal Kitcheners and pets. smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion