Gransnet forums

Chat

Wow!

(26 Posts)
whitewave Tue 23-Aug-16 20:13:48

This is the warmest evening that I can remember for years! Sat in the garden with just a silk sleeveless dress on and feeling delightful.

Today the sea was the warmest it's been for years as well. Long may it last, well at least for two days?????????????☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Jalima Tue 23-Aug-16 20:38:56

It has been absolutely lovely today!
We were out with family - along with the world and his/her wife and children it would seem, somewhere that is nearly, but not quite, the sea.
Lovely lunch, lovely walk, lovely people and tea in the garden when we came home again.

sunshine

Coolgran65 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:07

We have the heating on....... N.Ireland

Jane10 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:55:22

I'm wearing my Ugg Slippers!

Liz46 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:59:52

I wasn't careful enough with the suntan lotion today and am a bit crispy round the edges.

Swanny Tue 23-Aug-16 22:11:16

I have doors and windows open but no through breeze and it's 26 degrees C at 10pm - in England! Phew! Three days ago the wind was blowing my tomatoes down in the garden and I had to put some heating on! I feel for those who don't like the heat and I'm just grateful I don't have to travel in crowded trains to be stuck in an office when it's like this sunshine

tanith Tue 23-Aug-16 22:13:13

Its lovely out in the garden, not many evenings we've been able to just sit outside till late... I love this weather but I think its going to be fan time tonight or I won't be able to sleep..

Katek Tue 23-Aug-16 22:16:21

I have a hot water bottle at my feet and a cold nose at the other end. Summer? Bah, humbug!

BlueBelle Tue 23-Aug-16 22:20:08

It's beautiful here on the east coast sea is warm skies are blue sun is hot loooooove it bring it on ....

aggie Tue 23-Aug-16 22:27:14

Soggy day here ......... Northern Ireland Co Armagh

Auntieflo Tue 23-Aug-16 22:40:53

I was volunteering in the charity shop this afternoon. Hot, but not as hot as the two chaps who were digging up our turf in the back garden. Well done those men.

Judthepud2 Tue 23-Aug-16 23:48:29

Yep a truly horrible wet day here in NI! Summer? What summer?

Ilrina Tue 23-Aug-16 23:56:11

Been very hot here too today, wish I had time to enjoy it, been stuck inside working most of the day. I did have to go to Supermarket though, not for a heavy load so I walked, try never to take car unless I am not going to be able to carry stuff home, and it isn't far really about a 2 mile..ish round trip. I was boiled though when I got back, whew. Then as I have a busy day lined up tomorrow, and then Thursday off I had to clear about three hours worth of Ironing...boiled again then lol,

So Thursday planning a day in York, and Lunch. I also have a hairdresser appointment, and what is it meant to do then?? RAIN and STORM. If it is I will go alone and just get the hair job done, DH will stay home with the dog as he is terrified of storms, the Dog that is, not DH smile, and we will do our lunch day out another time.Why am I telling you all this? it's boring !

jogginggirl Wed 24-Aug-16 07:16:31

Ilrina grin
Liz46 grin
We are enjoying a family holiday in N Devon - yesterday was a stunning day. DH and I enjoyed a lovely?? to Baggy Point whilst the rest of them had a fab day on the beach!☀️The divas tried body-boarding for the first time - a big wow!!

thatbags Wed 24-Aug-16 07:18:04

Looking good here today but we had rain all day yesterday, top temp 14°, and I took a hot water bottle to bed for my feet. sunshine

BlueBelle Wed 24-Aug-16 07:47:00

This was my early morning walk today

Gagagran Wed 24-Aug-16 07:57:42

Morning all!

We had a glorious day yesterday - hot and sunny but not humid. Perfect. Looks as if today may be a repeat performance before the inevitable break down ready for the Bank Holiday weekend.

Just going out in the garden to do some tidying before it gets too hot then choir tonight but a quiet day planned otherwise. sunshine

PRINTMISS Wed 24-Aug-16 08:06:04

We too are in for another hot day, and will just spend it sitting quietly, as neither of us enjoys the really hot sun. Fortunately we have two shaded places where we can sit.

whitewave Wed 24-Aug-16 08:32:15

Off to the beach again and another swim!! ?????????

This evening -party time????????????????????????? DH and DSs birthday yeh! Italian evening so all food Italian and prossecco will be flowing.

Lillie Wed 24-Aug-16 08:36:35

I think it was 30 degrees with us yesterday, and heading for 32 degrees today. DH and I are the unlucky ones who will be on the tube after work.

Greyduster Wed 24-Aug-16 08:42:53

It's going to be hot here again today. I can't say I like the hot weather very much, but we all deserve some summer don't we? I was hoping to get out to Ladybower and do some fishing this week while GS is away on his holidays, but when the weather is as hot as this you might as well tear up ten pound notes and throw them down a drain. Trout don't like hot weather any more than I do! I decided to spend a few hours yesterday morning tidying up the flower beds, but DH was cleaning out the garage and kept calling out "do you want to keep this or can I throw it away?" so I gave up in the end and went to help him! Love your photo, Bluebelle!

Marmight Wed 24-Aug-16 09:22:52

The sun is out today and we are promised 19 degrees.Hurrah! Yesterday it struggled to 14, was wet and windy and I was so cold in the evening that I had a bath to warm up ??. Can't wait for my house to sell so I can move south and enjoy some warmer weather........., I may just keep going South until I reach the Med wink

Lona Wed 24-Aug-16 09:26:17

Looks like another hot sticky day here in Cheshire, but I'm not complaining! I just stay in the shade as much as I can.
Out for lunch to a lovely country pub where we can sit outside in a shady garden sunshine

whitewave Wed 24-Aug-16 09:42:33

marmight yes you may be right to move further south than here in the South of England. This weather is so unusual as to be note worthy!!!!!!

Izabella Wed 24-Aug-16 11:49:07

It was special last evening. We took the MTB's over the moors and it was so so beautiful. Curlews, vibrant heather and no one around. Total perfection until we encountered flying ants but at least we could pedal quickly through them. ?