Gransnet forums

Chat

Check your Aldi receipts, folks!

(13 Posts)
merlotgran Wed 24-Aug-16 14:00:02

Just looked through mine as it seemed a little more than usual.

I've been charged £6.99 for a pair of linen trousers (which I didn't buy) so I rang customer services who told me that according to the code it should have been 29p for a small bunch of spring onions! grin

I've got a refund code and they were very helpful but I'm glad I checked.

DaphneBroon Wed 24-Aug-16 14:18:47

Just as well it wasn't the other way round and you didn't' try wearing them!

Alishka Wed 24-Aug-16 14:34:25

I so agree. Would this made a 'sticky' actually, tho not necessarily for Aldi receipts.

Just.check your receipts. Folks

Tho in the 'bagging area' please not at the counter on. Saturday when you've a queue behind you! (. Might be. Dads speciality !

millymouge Wed 24-Aug-16 15:01:13

I agree. Checked my bill from the vets when I got home yesterday to find I had been charged nearly £10 for an item I didn't have. Taking dog back tomorrow so will sort it. I know it was a genuine mistake, but that can come off the next lot,of medication.

whitewave Wed 24-Aug-16 15:05:17

Last time DH and I went to a very smart hotel we were charged both for our drinks and the table next to us!!!

Nannylovesshopping Wed 24-Aug-16 16:01:47

Went to very large stationery outlet today with both dgds to buy stuff for school, got to checkout, and was charged £28, hang on a mo I said thought it would be about £20 it was checked and heigh ho bill now came to £22, how is that possible, oh that sometimes happens was the response, not on my watch it doesn't, and as my name suggest I am very very good at shopping!

Alishka Wed 24-Aug-16 18:34:17

The price discrepancies came to light for me and my team when we had to account for all our spending over a 4week period when we were taking vulnerable adults to the supermarkets. Strange, that, that there was never a mistake made in the buyer's favourhmm
I don't recall Aldi particularly being at fault, tho, but other well known supermarkets certainly were. From memory there seemed to be 'confusion' over pricing of BOGOF stuff, where our clients were being charged full price twice, things like that..
It was a long time ago but it certainly made me check my own till receipts from that time onwards.

Jayh Wed 24-Aug-16 18:47:21

We were once charged for a hedge cutter when it should have been for a bag of spuds. Check your receipts every time.

f77ms Wed 24-Aug-16 18:51:28

I have noticed that I am NEVER undercharged but have often been overcharged . I always have a quick look at my receipt now

Jalima Wed 24-Aug-16 19:45:25

Two meals on the bill at a restaurant yesterday were overcharged, but luckily one of our party noticed (£9 more each - apparently 'the computer had not been adjusted'.

Charleygirl Wed 24-Aug-16 20:38:29

A couple of years ago I went out for a meal one evening with around 15 people from the gym club. I am certain the manager thought we were all drunk but I was driving so never drink. We were overcharged as though 2 extra people were there dining. I noticed the discrepancy and he was so apologetic but he did not get much of a tip. If he tried it on with us, how many other times had he done it?

path20 Wed 24-Aug-16 20:39:13

Aldi are brilliant at rectifying mistakes. No hassle.

Marydoll Wed 24-Aug-16 21:08:19

I am in Malaga on holiday. Tonight I bought a pair of shoes in sale at what I thought were 10 Euros. At till I was charged 13 Euros. Checked shoes outside of shop and went back in to complain in my basic Spanish , that I had been overcharged I got my 3 Euros back. Doesn't seem much, but it was the principle. The shoes had been 40 Euros, so they were indeed a bargain! The 3 Euros will by DJ a pint of beer.