Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(13 Posts)
12Michael Thu 25-Aug-16 06:52:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a different start this morning, grey clouds signs of rain, but still feels muggy with the temperature's we have had recently.
Mick

ninathenana Thu 25-Aug-16 07:05:23

Morning Mick and everyone.
Phew what a night ! Despite the fan full on and window open I tossed and turned most of the night. H gave up at stupid o'clock and came down stairs.
We have blue sky with a few clouds this morning but possible showers forecast.

cornergran Thu 25-Aug-16 07:08:48

Morning All. Heavy looking, cloudy sky this morning, still warm though. I don't mind the heat so no problem sleeping, just as well as I get so grumpy when I'm tired grin. Hope Thursday is kind to you.

kittylester Thu 25-Aug-16 07:18:54

Morning all!

We had torrential rain over night and it doesn't look too promising now. dh just asked why we had to water the pots last night? Bless!

We are off to the Workhouse today with DD1 and her two. They are then coming to stay the night along with DD3'S two. Luckily the children's room is quite big and has been rechristened 'the Dorm' grin

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone. sunshine

harrigran Thu 25-Aug-16 07:19:17

Good morning, overcast and raining in the north east. Yesterday was very pleasant but I think the rain will last all day today.

annsixty Thu 25-Aug-16 07:27:47

Good morning all.
A dull start in Stockport after a wet night, but still very warm.
I managed a very short walk yesterday but was amazed how tiring it was . My strength has a long way to go. I probably only did 200 yards.

whitewave Thu 25-Aug-16 07:35:40

Morning all

Very humid overnight, now feeling a bit fresher, and a little cloud which seems to be burning off.

Free day today as GS2 is spending the day with a friend.
If it isnt too hot I will fiddle around in the garden, otherwise carry on knitting a shawl for New baby due in autumn -next door.
Have an enjoyable day everyone

Greyduster Thu 25-Aug-16 08:08:28

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. A very wet night here in South Yorkshire and more to come by the look of it, but it hasn't cooled things down significantly. Hair cut today, then a cup of tea with my niece, and must do some food shopping too. Baby steps, ann, don't overdo it. Have a good day, folks.

Badenkate Thu 25-Aug-16 08:28:15

Morning everyone. Looks as though we had rain overnight here in N Shropshire, and it's still looking fairly grey. We all had a lovely time in Ludlow yesterday, and DGC were very impressed by the castle, which was great as they could clamber over lots of it, go into dungeons, up towers, and ticked a box for their mother for youngest grandson's summer holiday scrapbook.
Today we're all taking the dogs for a walk while DS films them, and then they're going to put a voice over as though the dogs are talking (that's the idea anyway!). This afternoon we're going to Moreton Corbet which is a ruined Elizabethan House, really spooky at times, but most importantly in the middle of a large field again with lots of opportunity for running around (for DGC not me).

Pittcity Thu 25-Aug-16 08:30:05

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Promised thunderstorm didn't quite reach us last night, so, if today's showers don't materialise I will be watering again tonight.
DD2 and DGS2 are coming for dinner and bath as their flat is on the market and they don't think it would stay tidy with a 16 month old running around!

PRINTMISS Thu 25-Aug-16 08:34:28

Good morning to you all, it is a little cooler, and yesterday evening it was pitch black outside at about 8.30 - thought perhaps the end of the world was nigh! We had a little rain, but that has quickly dried so I will probably have to water everything later on.
Keeping cool is the plan for today. Take it easy Ann 200 yards is a marathon, when you have't been able to walk for a little while!
Enjoy your days.

Mildred Thu 25-Aug-16 08:48:15

Good morning all a grey day on Merseyside,it rained last night, have a telephone consultation with the doctor this morning, which means I am tied to the house, even if she phones me on my mobile. Not sure about these telephone consultations. Take care Ann.

Nana3 Thu 25-Aug-16 09:38:30

Good morning everyone.
It's a grey morning in Lancashire.
I'm off to visit mum this morning, poor Mum, life in a care home is not what she anticipated for herself.
Have a good day everyone.