Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Bank Holiday Monday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Mon 29-Aug-16 06:59:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its raining here in Brackley at the present time , hopefully will improve, but feels cooler.
Mick

NanKate Mon 29-Aug-16 07:16:12

Good Morning Mick and All.

Surprise, surprise it is a Bank Holiday Monday and in the south east we are due some good weather. Usually it tips it down on a DH. Wherever you are I hope you have a pleasant day. smile

NanKate Mon 29-Aug-16 07:16:47

BH not DH !

NfkDumpling Mon 29-Aug-16 07:22:54

Morning All

After a humid, black cloud (but no rain) day yesterday, today has dawned bright and sunny with a cloudless sky. Off to the Aylsham Show today with DD1 and family, so I hope it stays fine.

Happy Bank Holiday Everyone and I hope the rain soon stops for you Mick.

Stansgran Mon 29-Aug-16 07:30:25

Blue blue sky today but 9 degrees. Not much warmer inside. Ironing might keep me warm. Haven't done any all summer.

annsixty Mon 29-Aug-16 07:38:40

Good morning all.
Sadly not for extended family but I won't bring the thread down and will post later.
We must all enjoy our good times when we can.

peaceatlast Mon 29-Aug-16 07:44:43

Good morning, all. Weather looking promising here in Hertfordshire. I'm up early as we have workmen coming to carry on with work in our garden, at 8am. I do feel a bit guilty re the noise but, actually, we couldn't sit out yesterday due to screaming children in the garden over the back fence. Squealing constantly as they do these days if allowed to. As well as that, other neighbours were having a bit of a do including a lighter fuelled, smelly, smoky bbq which, together with drunken revelry and loud music till gone 1a.m. kept me awake. I had to put on the bedroom fan to drown out their noise and get some sleep. So, putting it into perspective, my power tool noise today should be fine. The poor things might have hangovers but they can always put their fans on should they need to sleep it off.

PRINTMISS Mon 29-Aug-16 08:02:54

Good morning to you all, a chilly start to the day, but I prefer it to the sticky heat. Our lovely friends have invited out for a trip sometime today, and we are looking forward to that. Yesterday we had our ears blasted by some sort of concert that was going on in the Caravan Site at the rear of our home. It became so bad I had to telephone to request them to quieten down a bit - they agreed the bass was a bit loud (an understatement). I really could not hear our radio! Moan over, enjoy your days.

Greyduster Mon 29-Aug-16 08:04:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A lovely sunny day in prospect today. We are off to the Sheffield Show this afternoon, and a bonus, we can get there on the tram, so no need to worry about parking. It will be a smaller affair than previous years but should be worth a couple of hours out. Hope you have a good day, whatever you're doing.

kittylester Mon 29-Aug-16 08:07:49

Good morning all!

We've had a fair amount of rain already this morning but the forecast is for sunshine confused

I have so much ironing that I can't close the cupboard door - so that's today sorted!

(((Hugs))) ann. Enjoy your days everyone!

peaceatlast Mon 29-Aug-16 08:10:42

Just my luck, the workmen can't come today after all! Oh well, I will just have to sit out in the garden with my headphones listening to music.

Nana3 Mon 29-Aug-16 08:12:31

Good morning.
Sunny in Lancashire. Had afternoon forest walk with GS yesterday, he loves sleeping over and is still here.
It will soon be back to school and things should quieten down.
Enjoy your day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 29-Aug-16 08:12:54

Morning all.
A sunny morning in N Kent. We would have liked a day out today but as the driving is down to me and living where we do, the roads will be horrendous I decided against it. So it's a day in the garden.

cornergran Mon 29-Aug-16 08:16:13

Morning All. Sunny morning in our corner of Somerset. Cleaning today hmm, still the sun shows the cobwebs grin. hugs to ann and all with worries today.

Pittcity Mon 29-Aug-16 08:47:52

Good morning from sunny Colchester. DH is working this morning so it will be a quiet Bank Holiday here.

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Aug-16 08:55:54

Good Morning All it looks like another good day but I should really be doing other things than gardening.

I have done my slug disposal only about 20 today. and lots of smaller ones.