Gransnet forums

Chat

Just need to rant about the Idiot!

(38 Posts)
kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 07:33:08

Currently, he owes dd 2 months money (which he calls 'her' maintenance!) as he hasn't been paid by lots of people he has done work for. He hasn't had the children for about a month as he has a lot on at the moment, stag nights, shortbreaks etc.and has just taken his girlfriend to Tenerife as she needed a break.

DD asked him if he would like to come to school to meet the staff as their eldest is starting big school. His reply was 'already?'.

She suggested that he might like to pay for his uniform or school shoes and he said 'That's what I give you money for!'

Ggggggggrrrrrrřrrrr! angry

Feel a bit better now - thank you!

Lona Tue 30-Aug-16 07:38:08

My sympathy kitty, my poor dd could write a book! So far, there have been NO consequences for our ex idiot! He's just come back from Spain too.
I try not to think about it but my dd is still paying his bills from years ago!angry

NanaandGrampy Tue 30-Aug-16 08:06:37

I feel for you and your DD Kitty. I'm sure there ARE deadbeat mums but mostly we hear about the deadbeat Dads ...and I use the word Dad lightly who just don't step up to the plate !!!

How sad for you , your daughter and grandchild but how infuriating !!!

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 08:19:51

It's the impotence really! I'd really love to cause him a great deal of pain but we can do nothing at all about the stupid Idiot!

I try not to think about all of it too, Lona, but sometimes, something, really gets to me. This time it was seeing a photo of a beautiful blue swimming pool.

dd is perfectly happy now but could do without the ongoing aggro. angry

Anya Tue 30-Aug-16 08:31:46

Feeling helpless is horrid. Is there nothing you can do to shame him?

annsixty Tue 30-Aug-16 08:38:46

The one thing I can't have a go about with my estranged SiL is money. It is there in D's bank on the designated day. However I have just recently found out how much he sends her and it is not generous compared to his salary and lifestyle. However I blame my D for not fighting for more.
He and his GF are living an idyllic life 3000miles away. The GC are there now having a holiday with him. It is luxury all the way. His GF does not work and travels with him on business trips.
We have very little need of leisure or anything really and are able to subsidise them so that the C don't go without but it doesn't sit well when we hear snippets of their life from the GC. However karma, though a long time coming, is always at the back of my mind. Good wishes to all your D's and GC and may they store it all up.

merlotgran Tue 30-Aug-16 08:44:19

At least you're polite enough to call him an idiot kitty

DH refers to DD's ex as A***hole Features!

Keep focusing on the fact that your DD is much happier now.

cornergran Tue 30-Aug-16 08:52:41

Rant away kitty, hope letting off steam has helped. Incredibly frustrating and so unfair.

ninathenana Tue 30-Aug-16 08:58:39

Oh dear, why is it when you think things have settled they raise their ugly heads again.
D's ex refused to let her collect her boys on Friday because she was stuck in the traffic caused by the collapsed bridge on M20 and missed pick up time. She has fought so hard to get regular access and asked to change next weeks arrangements NO you will have them as agreed.
He's another that has demanded money for school shoes and school lunches on top of child maintenance.
Sympathy to all those with ar***ole ex SiL

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 09:32:55

merlot grin this is a public forum or you would see what we really call him. I didn't know I knew such language!! blush

nina that's the sort of daft trick the Idiot would pull.

I've posted before that karma is taking too bloody long and it ought to stop messing and sort him out!

Teetime Tue 30-Aug-16 09:39:11

Oh Blimey kitty does it never end you would think he would get sick of the aggro but some people enjoy confrontation don't they. Your DD has a wonderful Mum I'm sure that's' a great comfort. My Mum used to tell me it was all my fault that Ex did the things he did!! smileflowers

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 09:41:42

Two of my sisters in law have done that. Who can you rely on if not your parents? Oh, I've just remembered my mother!grin

ninathenana Tue 30-Aug-16 13:16:36

Teetime your mum telling you it was all your fault is so sad. If you went through the hell my D is suffering I hope you had someone supporting you. flowers

granjura Tue 30-Aug-16 13:19:53

Arghhh - perhaps he could go and talk to our DD2's ex in Tenerife- who still owes us a LOT of money (we will probably, well surely never see again).

Does he have a baseball bat? Grrrrr.

harrigran Tue 30-Aug-16 17:57:15

kitty, perhaps your DH can go round and knock his teeth out and then offer him a good deal on replacements. Now that would be karma grin

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 18:06:54

We could use gj's baseball bat!! Actually, I'd rather hit him elsewhere and DH only sees housebound patients but I suppose that could be arranged too. grin

granjura Tue 30-Aug-16 19:05:02

LOL- I shall never ever go to Tenerife again, because if I saw him I don't know what I would do ... basebat or no basebat.

So I have every sympathy.

Thank goodness there were no children- so she could just walk away and be happy for the rest of her life in a wonderful relationship with the nicest of guys.

phoenix Tue 30-Aug-16 19:12:04

kitty dig out the poem/curse and let's invoke it for all the "idiots" out there! grin

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 20:08:21

Well, we have 2 gorgeous grandchildren from the Idiot and dd and DH and I are making it our mission in life to mitigate his influence on them. So, the curse and baseball bat could come in very handy! grin

phoenix Tue 30-Aug-16 20:42:02

Do you still have it kitty? (The curse, not the baseball bat!)

kittylester Tue 30-Aug-16 21:07:28

No, and I looked for it fir someone else a while ago and couldn't find it. Can you remember anything I could search for? I should have printed it off it was brilliant.

harrigran Tue 30-Aug-16 22:37:16

I will look because I am sure copied it.

Jalima Tue 30-Aug-16 23:59:03

granjura(and anyone else interested) a visit to the island of La Gomera is very interesting and you could also visit this place www.alltravels.com/spain/canary-islands/los-manantiales/photos/current-photo-50099306
A dance around in the circle, making a wish at the same time, is supposed to be very effective.
Only wish for something that your conscience can live with.

Judthepud2 Wed 31-Aug-16 23:04:11

The fathers of both DD3's children have never, NEVER contributed to their sons' upbringing. Ex SIL prefers to support the local bookmaker than his son. So...guess who helps out?

harrigran Wed 31-Aug-16 23:15:05

I found the curse grin

Double hubble, toil and trouble,
make his botty boil and bubble

make his piles and scrotum itch
give his eye a nasty twitch

make his skin erupt and ooze
make him allergic to all booze

give him herpes, give him sores
whenever he goes out of doors

wish all foul things fall from above
for hurting you and those you love