Gransnet forums

Chat

My grandson's birthday party.

(6 Posts)
CWilly Fri 30-Sep-16 18:09:46

Hey guys! I need help with organizing a birthday party for my grandson. He is turning 4 next week and I want to do something special for him. But, I'm so not sure how to organize a party for the kids these days. I don't want to bore him with my kind of birthday party ideas. I mean, I would prefer a large cake and some balloons here and there and the birthday caps. I would love that. But my grandson, doesn't seem to like all this. So, what other way can I go? www.abbeyroadentertainment.com/blog/kids-parties/perfect-photobooths-kids-parties/ I've been reading this blog for some ideas and I really like the idea of a costume party. You think this would be apt? Would love to hear your opinion on this.

ninathenana Fri 30-Sep-16 18:19:52

What are birthday caps ??
Go for fancy dress if you like but you still need to plan the entertainment and food. A cake is a must for a four year old grin

Ana Fri 30-Sep-16 18:25:33

I think birthday caps are a US invention! This person is obviously advertising...hmm

NanaandGrampy Fri 30-Sep-16 19:22:34

Choose a current theme . Maybe Pokemon , or Avengers or something more simple like cars or trains. I'd avoid fancy dress as that makes it all a bit complicated . You can theme your cake accordingly . Don't forget party bags ! They usually have bits and bobs in and some sweets , and obviously a slice of cake .

You can get some themed party ware on line cheaply or from one of the major supermarkets. 4 year olds love games and they can be old favourites like pass the parcel or musical chairs . Have you looked at Pinterest for inspiration and easy ideas?m

suzied Fri 30-Sep-16 19:35:00

You could do something like a pirate party as a theme- easy to improvise a costume and get suitable accessories. What is your GD passionate about, usually at that age they have some favourite - dinosaurs/ jungle book/ pirates/ whatever. Head off to the pound shop - they will have plenty of tat which corresponds with said theme. Don't worry too much - make the party a limited time - 2 hours is enough - plan a few games - have tea- then wind down with a few more games finito!

grannylyn65 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:22:29

you seem to be on a lot of threads CW confused