Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kindly kitcheners and pampered pets...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sun 23-Oct-16 18:41:58

Here we are again...
happy as can be
all good friends and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather,
never mind the rain,
as long as we're together...Woops she goes again.

A big, warm welcome and please continue to enjoy the companionship.

wine cupcake and smile until I return tomorrow. x

thatbags Sun 23-Oct-16 19:07:58

Am sitting in the cafe of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland waiting for the opening of a recital of traditional music. We just ate fab paella at Torres on Sauchiehall Street. Happy evenings all!

cornergran Sun 23-Oct-16 19:10:54

Lovely to find my way to the new kitchen so quickly. Have a large - very large - gluten free chocolate cake that actually tastes like cake so good for all. It is fresh from the oven so will keep for tomorrow. I plan some for pudding with a large glass of chilled white. Lots left though.

Reading your tv woes with interest charley as we plan a smart tv for the bedroom. Beginning to wonder if it's a good idea as neither of us are particularly tv savvy. Really hope you manage, it will give me confidence and you the tv you deserve. wobbly when the day comes would you be available as consultant?

Daphne, hope you are well dosed by now. How could you turn down that invitation?

Your craft work is beautiful n&g. I dabble but sadly the outcome rarely matches the picture in my head hmm. Fortunately the grandchildren love it. Very kind critics.

Pleased you both enjoyed the concert soop, thank you for the new kitchen. Still some smiles here, some superglued on as lots of conflicting priorities holding up the finish I had hoped for, but keeping smiling - if for no other reason it confuses people who think I should be miserable grin.

Judthepud2 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:15:11

Another new kitchen, so soon! Glad I found it. [looks round appraisingly] Yes, just as warm and welcoming as ever, soop. I'm leaving some freshly baked (by DH) scones and home made (by DH) blackberry and apple jam. Enjoy!

Wobblybits Sun 23-Oct-16 20:04:34

Consultant shock, given that It took me a week to find out how the heater worked on my new car, I'm not sure I'm that savvy.
Regarding TV, we recently went over to BTtv Entertainment Plus, It is great, gives us everything we need. But you do need a good internet connection like BT Infinity, Sky also have a similar offering.

Tizliz Sun 23-Oct-16 20:09:00

Just popping in to say hello but too tired to chat - too much gardening again.

Crafting Sun 23-Oct-16 20:13:37

Hello all. Another new kitchen. Thank you for the scones jud I might just have one...it's all of 30 minutes since I ate my evening meal grin. Have a good evening soop and bags. I'm at home with a good book smile

DaphneBroon Sun 23-Oct-16 20:34:15

Good heavens, was it time for a new kitchen already??
My "cold" has not amounted to anything hurray! ???
( Having a cheeky medicinal brandy and soda to keep the bugs at bay! )

thatbags Mon 24-Oct-16 07:59:17

It was FANTASTIC! Not allowed to say more till Wednesday; sworn to secrecy by BBC Radio Scotland.

NanaandGrampy Mon 24-Oct-16 09:34:57

ooooh a fresh new kitchen !! Bags I a seat near the window...im need of an uplifting view today.

How was the music Thatbags? Sounded very posh :-)

Corner believe me not all my crafts turn out well LOL and as I don't sell sometimes I'm sure the recipients ( who are limited) sigh when I hand over another handmade doo dad !!

Pass those scones Jud and plenty of jam ! I do love cake ( sorry waistline) .

So its a visit with Flynn then Daphne? Lovely !!

We have a second viewing today so please keep all your fingers crossed for me. I am sooo tired of an immaculate house. Its so stressful when the little ones visit and so not me. I'm more a tidy, clean but lived in kind of gal !

Today , is my half term day off , but tomorrow I am visiting a pumpkin farm with Jackson and Cooper. Its a houseful Wednesday when they all come for lunch. Thursday is swimming . Friday Leeds Castle with all 4 then we have to drop Laura off at Scout camp for the weekend. Sunday....I'll be collapsed and in a heap and glad that half term week is over !!

Ann how are you doing? I was thinking of you and wondered if your other half might like audio books with headphones? Might get you a little quiet time?

Wobblybits Mon 24-Oct-16 09:43:56

CG, I though more about your problem last night, have sent you another PM.

Wobblybits Mon 24-Oct-16 09:49:29

Wouldn't it be good in real life if we could have a new kitchen each time the washing up had piled up.

Lona Mon 24-Oct-16 09:51:19

wobbly I've only just caught up with your suggestions , do you think anything would help with my fluctuating broadband signal ( BT say it's fine!)?
Will cupcake help?

kittylester Mon 24-Oct-16 10:13:18

Lona, I'm not very technically minded but I don't think broadband works on cake! grin

Glad the cold is responding to treatment and that your visit to Flynn is still on the cards DB. wine

I hope something comes of your viewing NandG, it's horrid trying to be extra tidy isn't it. I thought you were possibly rethinking your move. What is your current thinking?

I'm off to do some elearning confusedconfused! I'm sure I'll be back!! grin

Wobblybits Mon 24-Oct-16 10:18:25

Check you PM's again CG, I think the problem may be quite simple.

Wobblybits Mon 24-Oct-16 10:54:27

From what CG has told me, that she can get BBC on her new TV, I suspect the problem may be simply that the TV has not been tuned. If you can get one channel, there is little reason that you shouldn't be able to get them all.
This means going into the setup menu and doing an auto digital re-tune.

The only other thing could be that the signal from the aerial is very weak, but I would expect still being able to get several channels. As the downstairs TV is OK, I do not suspect a weak signal. If the signal is weak, you can get signal boosters, we have one as I run 4 TV's from one aerial.

CG, call me and we will sort this without costing you a call out unnecessarily.

The internet is a different issue, let's get the basic TV working first.

Tizliz Mon 24-Oct-16 12:13:32

I am time wasting this morning. I know I should be doing the accounts but don't like doing them - nobody else is going to though. Also had a revised invoice from Scottish Power from a year ago which needs looking into. Wish I had stayed at home as it is a lovely day and I could have worked in the garden. Need a kick up the backside. Perhaps another cup of tea will help, definitely need some cake!

Charleygirl Mon 24-Oct-16 12:50:32

Wobblybits thank you so much for the time that you have given to me today to try and sort out my problem. You must have had a lie down afterwards as you are not used to dealing with one so thick!

I no longer have BBC1, I am very close to asking john Lewis to remove the offending object and refund my money. I am going to think about it overnight and then start again tomorrow.

A cold miserable day here- suits my mood perfectly.

thatbags Mon 24-Oct-16 13:33:03

n&g, the music was fantastic! Apart from two of their teachers, all the musicians were young students at the conservatoire working towards degrees. They were exceptionally good. All of them.

rosesarered Mon 24-Oct-16 13:47:10

A nice new shiny kitchen....see you have gone for a Shaker style Soop very nice.
I will have a cup of tea and one of the scones please ( as long as Rory hasn't been nosing them?)
We went for a walk along the river today, lovely, all the trees turning now but keeping their leaves ( until we get a frost) I do like Autumn.???

Charleygirl Mon 24-Oct-16 15:23:32

rosesarered Rory would not deign to sniff our scones etc. He does not have the time, too busy having a well earned rest. A nice time of day for some shut eye which will give him enough energy to eat his scrumptious supper. I would almost put money on it that he dines better than MacSporran. I am running as fast as I can!

I will keep everybody updated re the long running SMART TV saga.

soop Mon 24-Oct-16 15:50:26

Twenty one visits to our new kitchen. I'm bowled over by the energy of you lovely lot. You are amazing.

bags we also had a lovely afternoon. Steven Osborne is delightful. He also happens to be a first class concert pianist. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your musical evening.

NanaandGrampy Have the folk been to view, and were they impressed? Your energy surpasses anything that I've experienced for a good few years.

Charleyg Some clever so and so once said...keep the faith. I wish you continued fortitude.

DaphneB Before I married MacS I became a smoker for approx. twelve months. On one occasion we were travelling in his car with my son and his pal in the back. I wound the window down and lit a ciggy (bad lady) at that moment MacS popped on a dust mask and handed the boys one each. My son's pal said...'ooo, I didn't know you were a surgeon Mr C.' He was an architect and wore the masks when in the midst of heavy duty constructions, especially indoors. I stopped a week later. My son asked me to give up on his birthday. So I did. It was the right thing to do.

kitty I like the term 'head space'.

Corner I can smell the freshly baked chocolate cake from here. I'm on my way. That is when I've tucked into Judthepud's delicious scones topped with jam. If only...hmm Sadly, should I succumb, I would be as big as a house.

Wobbly You never fail to make me chortle. I love your sense of humour.

There is only one smart thing in our home. It's a cat called Rory.

soop Mon 24-Oct-16 16:03:18

Charleyg The previous message was meant for corner. All that I have to say to you is...TYKE! grin

jollyg your post was very wise. I would suggest to Ann that maybe one of the new colouring books could be of interest to her husband. The patterns are wonderful. Some people find them therapeutic.

rosesarered The glorious colours and smells of autumn (especially bonfires) are very special.

Tizliz MacSporran is clearing the mighty gunnera foliage. I'm sharing a pic of a seed head for you. There are several. Next year, without fail, we'll have the plants growing up to twelve or more feet into the lower canopy of trees.

Lona Mon 24-Oct-16 16:13:12

That's a proper whopper soop! grin
Well, I've bitten the bullet and spent 30 minutes I won't get back, speaking to a very nice man in India! Between us (well, me only a bit) we have tested everything connected to my broadband from Cheshire to India! Nothing seems amiss but they will monitor it for 48 hours and fix anything that occurs.
It was exhausting!
I've got everything crossed now.
charley I feel your frustration and I hope wobbly can help.

Lona Mon 24-Oct-16 16:15:05

Those colouring books are very addictive apparently, maybe worth tempting your husband ann.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion