Gransnet forums

Competitions

3 sets of fabulously funny ISPY books to be won

(45 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 24-Oct-16 12:56:17

I spy with my little eye... 4 brand-new titles in the ISPY series - hilarious new takes (for grown-ups!) on the old ISPY classics, which first launched as a collection of children’s gift titles in the 1950s.

The concept is simple, it’s I Spy with My Little Eye but better – this time with proper challenges and points to be won – time to get competitive. The books are the perfect Christmas gifts and stocking fillers and we have three sets* to give away.

(*At The School Gate – My Mum is Better Than Your Mum/Pets: When Human Friendship Is Not Enough/The UK: While It Lasts /Signs and Instructions: You Must Obey)

All we want to know is - what's the funniest thing you've ever spied with your little eye while out and about. Tell us here before midday on Monday 7 November for the chance to win.

Jane10 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:15:05

The funniest thing I ever saw was an adult size pizza running past our sitting room window. Once I'd rubbed my eyes I saw a bag of crisps then a poke of chips run past. It turned out that the school we overlook was holding a fancy dress race but we had no notion this was going to be held so I was sure that this was finally it -I'd lost my remaining marbles!

rachelmi Mon 24-Oct-16 13:47:19

A mobility scooter going along with xmas tree and lights (made Blackpool illuminations look tame!) and a dog in the basket. Made me smile.

sharkgirl Mon 24-Oct-16 14:13:50

A tiny, scrawny cat chasing a full size labrador dog who tried to hide behind a tree and it ended up with cat and dog circling the tree in chase whilst the owner looked on in amazement

GrammaM Mon 24-Oct-16 15:22:09

One of the funniest things I have seen lately was when we drove into Lincoln last week. Traffic came to a standstill and a young man appeared in just his shreds at the window of a nearby house and barked out of the open fanlight. Whilst the rather thin bod was a bit aagh the situation made me laugh. Ex service humour..

GrammaM Mon 24-Oct-16 15:25:51

The cat and the labrador sound good, but the full size pizza, HAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA. grin

DaphneBroon Mon 24-Oct-16 16:47:32

I wish I could think of something really funny but the best I can come up with was not realising I was looking at a left hand drive car when I did a double take at what looked like a very large dog driving a car with its owner by his side.

BlueBelle Mon 24-Oct-16 19:15:02

A poke of chips that's not one you hear down this way

Treebee Mon 24-Oct-16 20:54:10

Driving down the motorway on the way to Cornwall we overtook a motorbike. I did a double take as there in a box on the pillion was a very happy terrier. His name (which I've forgotten) was painted on the side. Wish I'd been able to take a photo.

pamelaJEAN Tue 25-Oct-16 09:12:25

Driving along one day , with my little grandaughter she suddenly shouted out " Grandma look at that horse riding a bike, it was a horse and cart, " but in a child's eyes it must have looked like the horse was riding a bike, just around the corner there was a field full of cows , she started giggling " Grandma look at that cow giving the other one a piggy back" yep that was a journey, probably not the funniest I have spied but definitely one of my most memorable. My grandaughter married in February, and is now expecting .

winterpark Tue 25-Oct-16 10:52:58

I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree and land right by my dog, I never saw a squirrel run so fast but my dog is so dopey she didn't notice smile

Caramac Tue 25-Oct-16 11:43:27

My dog racing triumphantly up the garden with half a pizza in her chops! No idea where it came from, she had shoved her broad shoulders through a tiny gap in the hedge and been exploring. I just imagined dumbstruck teenagers gawping at her running away with her prize - their pizza ?

Jalima Tue 25-Oct-16 11:49:43

I spied our dog making friends with a couple on the beach, then coming back with two lamb chops in his mouth!

I also spied same dog haring across another beach with a folding chair attached to his lead after I stood up to adjust my swimsuit (not funny, just very embarrassing blush).

andywedge Tue 25-Oct-16 12:20:16

Two Italians on a beach, who clearly thought the beach we were on was a nudist beach

inishowen Tue 25-Oct-16 12:41:24

I was at the opera and we were sitting near the stage. The orchestra were right in front of us. I spied one musician sending a text. He was holding his phone behind his instrument thinking no-one would see!

marionk Tue 25-Oct-16 14:08:39

My ex FIL driving so ridiculously slowly he was overtaken by a bicycle!

chicken Tue 25-Oct-16 15:40:59

My daughter's female cat being wooed by a scrawny ginger tom who was offering her a greaseproof paper wrapped parcel of streaky bacon which he had stolen from some nearby kitchen.

yourgrace123 Tue 25-Oct-16 15:45:13

Sitting in traffic looked in my rear view mirror watched as this cyclist head down peddling like mad hit me in the rear,think he wrote his bike off.

gillyknits Tue 25-Oct-16 15:59:34

When we were in a little cove in S.of France, a large yacht sailed in. The woman on board appeared, completely naked and began to wash up on the deck wearing only a huge pair of yellow rubber gloves!

seemercloud Tue 25-Oct-16 16:24:38

Years ago, when cavity wall insulation was a new idea, we had our walls filled with expanded foam. Some escaped and floated slowly away like a cloud. Watching a neighbour's facial expression, in her bedroom window, was great fun.

Elrel Tue 25-Oct-16 16:30:29

A friend at the far end of a large buffet table helped himself to profiteroles, picked up a jug assuming it was cream, sniffed it, decided in favour and poured a generous amount of - mayonnaise!
Having been too far away to warn him we sat back and waited to see his face as he tasted his chosen dessert. Then almost fell off our chairs laughing ?

Greyduster Tue 25-Oct-16 17:02:11

We were at a Grimethorpe Colliery Band concert and there was a pianist accompanying one piece on a grand piano. The percussionist hit his bass drum so hard that the drumstick flew out of his hand, sailed through the air and landed on the strings inside the piano. A loud twanging sound ensued, the pianist jumped a mile and everyone cheered! The band were in stitches and there was a short interlude while they recovered their equilibrium! It was, though, a truly wonderful concert (they always are). On another occasion we were watching a performance of Aida, when Aida's father is brought onstage in chains and she embraces him. His chains somehow became entangled with her costume and they struggled frantically to free themselves, singing all the time!

Greyduster Tue 25-Oct-16 17:05:01

Sorry, I've just realised I went slightly off piste with that one!

Spangles1963 Tue 25-Oct-16 17:36:01

A man in a fish and chip restaurant smothering his cod and chips meal with sugar. When his wife kindly told him that it was sugar,not salt,he merely shrugged and said 'Oh well,it will make a change'. Another one was my mum's cat trying to bring a long stick in through the cat flap. She gave up eventually. We said she must have been a dog in a previous life.

feefeegabor Tue 25-Oct-16 20:34:41

My cat - on the roof of our house! It took the fire brigade to get her down, little monkey!