Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 20th October weigh in.

(9 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 20-Oct-14 08:22:53

Good morning all. smile

I'm back from my holidays, hope you are all doing well.

Can you give me an idea if you all want to carry on until Christmas with the weigh ins?

gillybob Mon 20-Oct-14 08:44:09

Welcome back from the sunshine Glassortwo hope you and Mr Glass have had a fabulous time and haven't had too much Sangria and Tapas !

I don't normally take part in this thread but I do follow it and wish to report that I am eating for England (again) and am frightened to get weighed. I don't have scales in the house I normally pop into Boots and hide the read out thingy. Must try and get back on track ASAP.

Marelli Mon 20-Oct-14 10:52:42

Yes please, glass! I did try to keep the thread going for the first week you were away, but it drifted off into nothingness shock, then I was away myself for a few days last week, too.
I do like the thread as it keeps me (a bit!) grounded and I like to see how others are getting on (or not..... grin)!!
Nice to see you back with us and hope you've had a lovely sunny, relaxing time! smile

Nanabelle Mon 20-Oct-14 23:38:32

Yes please from me too. I have not posted lately as I have been eating …. unwisely (that's putting it kindly) and put back on 4 lbs, so really need to re-focus my mind on getting to my goal weight before Christmas.
Hope you holiday was fun and you had a good time.

mrshat Thu 23-Oct-14 17:46:55

O yes please! Still struggling at 12st 4lbs. That 12 stone mark seems so far away grin

GrannyK Thu 23-Oct-14 23:38:07

Yes please glass.
I also have been a bit anxious about weighing myself recently - it was going so well at the end of the job I had in the Summer , No sure what is happening now having started a new job,so have avoided finding out. This makes no sense, I know ! So I intend facing whatever I weigh next Tuesday ( hopefully not as disasterous as I am fearing ! ) and then sorting it for the future .
Having this thread to report in to definitely keeps me on target .

glassortwo Fri 24-Oct-14 09:07:31

I have come back from my 2 weeks all inclusive 1 1/2lbs lighter grin not what I was expecting at all. I did lots of walking so I can only imagine that I walked it off.

Marelli Fri 24-Oct-14 10:14:52

Oh glass - imagine that - on an all-inclusive, too! I'm away to get dressed and to get out for a walk.....a long one! wink!

Tegan Fri 24-Oct-14 11:17:48

I'm doing really well at the moment and even managed to go to the gym yesterday, although I didn't push myself, not having been for a long time. I don't quite know how this has happened, but I reckon I've lost 1 1 1/2 stones over the past year. I've taken control of my diet [the S.O. was doing most of the shopping and I was eating what was put in front of me and I never leave food on a plate, no matter how much there is on it]. What I'm not doing is snacking between meals and I'm keeping myself busy by spring cleaning. I also lost weight when I was on holiday as there was a very heavy schedule most days and it was very hot. There is still the chance that I'll wake up one day with my 'can't stop eating anything and everything' head on, which did happen one day last week. I keep seeing adverts for things that you take to stop you feeling hungry; do people who manufacture these things not understand that we don't overeat because we feel hungry [although that does happen at the start of a diet] but for deeper, more psychological reasons than that, one of the main ones being due to feeling down because we've piled on a few pounds and then eating more because we're fed up etc etc. I keep thinking of you, glass, when I watch these Grand Designs sort of programmes [I'm addicted to them, especially Homes Under the Hammer].