Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Large rear end !

(54 Posts)
NanKate Thu 20-Nov-14 16:23:22

Just seen in the paper Kim Kardashian (whoever she is) promoting a very large bottom. She almost looks as if she has a table strapped to her rear.

What I want to know is how she lies down in bed. hmm

pompa Thu 20-Nov-14 16:41:36

Obviously a thread that need some studying before I comment. grin

Brendawymms Thu 20-Nov-14 16:45:51

Some cultures really value large posteriors but personally, and as a sufferer, I hate them.

Ana Thu 20-Nov-14 16:52:30

She probably sleeps on her side. I'm presuming the bottom has some 'give' in it...hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 20-Nov-14 16:54:22

I think a soft mattress could accommodate her. Whether on her back or her front.

Pompa zip it! wink

whitewave Thu 20-Nov-14 17:09:06

Did she have surgery to get a large bottom?

Galen Thu 20-Nov-14 17:09:27

Perhaps she's part Bantu?

whitewave Thu 20-Nov-14 17:15:24

Storing her fat you mean - I store mine around my middle.

FlicketyB Thu 20-Nov-14 17:36:52

Perhaps she was wearing a falsie.

whitewave Thu 20-Nov-14 17:40:36

That's a bustle

Anne58 Thu 20-Nov-14 17:56:23

I seem to remember Jonathon Ross commenting about how he adores his wife's large derriere, but not sure how it measures up to the one mentioned!

Agus Thu 20-Nov-14 18:14:37

I saw a link to this a few days ago. According to the article, some air brushing was involved but not to her bottom. wink

Funnily enough, DH had to study this for an inordinately long time as he didn't appear to understand what the article was about. He tells me processing things is an age thing. Even funnier, he thought he got away with it and I believed him!

Anne58 Thu 20-Nov-14 18:26:03

grin

pompa Thu 20-Nov-14 18:31:33

JBF, that looks like a nudge, nudge , wink wink statement.

I can't imagine what you might mean. grin

Any further study will be purely scientific. I like to ensure I have a well rounded view of the subject.

petallus Thu 20-Nov-14 19:51:09

I think large botties can be quite attractive if they are not too droopy (it's called booty in rap songs isn't it?).

On men as well as women.

I'm quite pleased I'm not flat at the back.

Ana Thu 20-Nov-14 19:57:17

Oh no, not on men...shock
(IMO)

janerowena Thu 20-Nov-14 20:43:56

They are ok on big beefy rugby players I suppose.

I did read that the person in question had had her behind um.... adapted? The shape altered in some way. There were quite a few photos in all and she looks very happy in them. I'm not sure what I think really.

Is she starkers raving bonkers perhaps? Or does she think it's artistic? Or did she just wake up and think - what a lovely day for a little nude photography!

pompa Thu 20-Nov-14 20:54:04

Oh no, not on men...(IMO), Oh dear that has me worried sad

They are ok on big beefy rugby players I suppose. Now that has cheered me up grin

janerowena Thu 20-Nov-14 21:08:58

DBH used to be a rugby player and had a very nice behind, I thought. Now he is an effete athlete and has a sylph-like figure that I can only dream of. I don't find it all that sexy actually. He has gone all stream-lined, like a greyhound instead of a black Labrador.

petallus Thu 20-Nov-14 21:38:13

Yes, men. But should be pert.

vampirequeen Thu 20-Nov-14 21:48:54

Her bum was massively photoshopped in the nude photos.

I have no evidence but, with my claws out, I think she wears special padded knickers to make her bum look that shape when she's wearing tight clothes.

pompa Fri 21-Nov-14 08:43:32

There's no doubt that our Grans can be cruel to their own. I would hate to really upset you.

In her defense, as a man, I think she is rather attractive, it is only you ladies that are fixated on "does my bum look big in this". Most men like a well rounded bum.

petallus Fri 21-Nov-14 08:50:31

Well observed, pompa, we women can be cruel to our own. My mum used to call it being 'catty'.

On the positive side, we can also be hugely warm, sympathetic and supportive.

I don't think men are the same in either respect.

gillybob Fri 21-Nov-14 08:52:01

I agree with Petallus mens bottoms should be neat and pert and fit quite nicely into a snug pair of jeans. Not that I have studied this much you understand. blush very sexist I know but hey it's Friday.

As for KK I think her bum, booty,arse is disgusting, real or photo-shopped I can't imagine how she could wear a pair of jeans, sit on a bar stool (or sit anywhere to be honest) gross.

gillybob Fri 21-Nov-14 08:54:57

There's "well rounded" and "well rounded" though pompa KK's is disgusting.

Does my bum look big in this?

Darling your bum looks enormous in everything !

In fact I have seen double decker buses with smaller rear ends!