Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 26th Jan weigh in.

(18 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 26-Jan-15 08:10:17

Morning All. Bit rushed here this morning its the babys 1st birthday, ohh no birthday cake later...
Still it has to be done grin

glassortwo Mon 26-Jan-15 08:41:06

Just bumping as there have been some posts on last weeks thread smile

Teetime Mon 26-Jan-15 08:46:43

Happy Birthday to baby [cake] - weigh in tonight but my own scales looked good this morning - fingers crossed and good luck to all trying to lose weight in January!!sad

Anya Mon 26-Jan-15 09:00:21

Happy Birthday baby [cake]

It was my birthday a couple of days ago and it lasted all weekend. So not even going to get in the scales until later this week.

Anya Mon 26-Jan-15 09:00:56

cupcake for baby

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 10:32:55

I have still got two and three quarters Xmas pounds to lose, and then some. Time to get serious now.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 10:34:18

Oh! Just read your OP. Really?! A whole year?! Happy Birthday little'un.

NfkDumpling Tue 27-Jan-15 10:26:48

Only just joined your gang and already I'm a day late reporting in.

Second week of 5:2 diet and I've lost my Christmas weight and maybe a pound extra! Dead chuffed! Out for a meal tonight though. It's at the local college restaurant school. First a talk then a meal based around the talk. The best year so far was one on chocolate (one lady named six different brands of chocolate correctly - blindfolded by taste alone). four courses based on chocolate - pheasant with chocolate sauce was surprisingly delicious! This year its all around whisky. Should be good!

Starving tomorrow!

Marelli Tue 27-Jan-15 11:11:43

I seem to have lost 4 ounces.... grin

Teetime Tue 27-Jan-15 11:14:31

2 lbs for me - another 12 to go.

Ceesnan Tue 27-Jan-15 13:47:53

Has anyone tried using The Ultimate Food Value Diary app? It uses the same points system that WeightWatchers does but only costs the one off payment of £2.99. I've used WW in the past and like their system but not the cost!! I have 21lbs to lose by the Summer so thought I'd give it a try.

Galen Tue 27-Jan-15 14:16:30

14.4 oh dear!

Tegan Tue 27-Jan-15 14:19:05

I'm still in my January mode and can't drag myself out of it. Maybe I should just wait till February and start again sad.

GrannyK Thu 29-Jan-15 17:25:15

Had a terrible terrible start to the week .

Even as I worked my way relentlessly through the huge tin of chocolates which hadn't made it to the intended recipients as they had been away over Christmas, the bit of me that always sits outside and watches/comments on my actions expressed herself astonished at my apparent insanity.

Still - over now. Have reported the event , so I can draw a line under it. Obviously not weighing myself this week - that would be real lunacy!
Tomorrow is another day etc etc

Feeling fairly normal again and back to usual fairly disciplined existence .
Why does this always happen in January ?

loopylou Thu 29-Jan-15 17:32:06

I think the month of January just isn't conducive to anything other than survival!
Just found 4 boxes of chocolate behind settee where DH had (less than helpfully) hidden them from toddler DGS.....
Now just need to summon up willpower to resist scoffing the lot...lhmm

Teetime Fri 30-Jan-15 09:17:54

If I was there loopylou I would help you - dieting in January is purgatory weight loss is so slow- must be something to do with preserving body fat in the cold weather. February the day after tomorrow and not long till Spring.

glassortwo Fri 30-Jan-15 22:34:41

February on Sunday and the Christmas blues should be gone along with the Christmas cake. grin

I have lost 2lbs this week...so the birthday cake didnt do too much damage.
Thank you for the baby birthday greetings he is a little treasure, had to have a dairy free birthday cake as he is dairy free, hopefully grow out of it according to consultant.

Soutra Sat 31-Jan-15 09:55:18

A bit late in the week I can report that the 10lb I lost in the Autumn (cheer) has been found again, mostly around my tummy and hips (boo). Back to the drawing board!!