Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

The Great Gransnet Bake Off!

(60 Posts)
LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 19-Aug-14 10:47:21

We're three weeks in now and feeling inspired. Swiss rolls? We've had a good old go (and paved over the cracks). Florentines? We've given it our best shot hmm And now we'd love to see your best bakes.

Post a picture of your creation (sticking to the most recent episode's theme - last week was biscuits, so up to tonight your bake should be a biscuit of some description!) and at the end of the series, we'll choose a winner who'll receive some rather lovely cook books.

Make sure you stick one of the above signs by your masterpiece, too! Though we'll accept handwritten...minus logo...

shysal Tue 19-Aug-14 15:51:37

I would love to have a baking session to produce biscuits, but as there is only me here to eat them, I shall have to hold off. Might have a go at bread after the next programme though!

Galen Tue 19-Aug-14 16:34:47

Would be nice if I could download photos!
But I can't!
Even the iPhone capability has ceased!

Apple say it must be GN web that's the problem?

shysal Tue 19-Aug-14 17:42:36

Do you also have a PC or a laptop, Galen? I have found a way round the problem by using the Snipping Tool, which is available on most versions of Windows. windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-vista
I load my photos from the camera SD card into the Windows photo album, then bring up the picture and 'snip' it and save it to a folder I call 'snips'. If you use this shot for the thread it loads in seconds. Still won't work from my tablet though!

grannyactivist Tue 19-Aug-14 19:25:46

Shouldn't this be on the picture thread?

merlotgran Tue 19-Aug-14 19:28:27

I was wondering that, ga. Do we save the logo and then upload it with our pics?

Sounds like fun but I think I might pass on 'Bread week'. My breadmaker has blown up so I can't cheat.

Are we allowed more than one entry?

rubysong Tue 19-Aug-14 23:21:12

I hope dog biscuits qualify for the GN bake off. They are easy to make and DS2's bull terrier loves them. I have made them and photographed them but can't find the button to add the photo to this message.

shysal Wed 20-Aug-14 08:35:14

I have Emailed GNHQ about adding the photos, rubysong, hopefully they will start a new thread with the option.

kittylester Wed 20-Aug-14 09:01:24

Can I add DD's baking - it looks so much better than mine!! grin

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Aug-14 09:39:08

Morning all - sorry about that, you should be able to add pictures now. More than one entry is certainly allowed merlot

Rubysong we don't discriminate grin - points for originality

rubysong Wed 20-Aug-14 12:59:01

I still can't upload my photo. I can put it on the 'choose file' box but 'post message' grays out and it doesn't load.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Aug-14 15:35:47

testing!

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Aug-14 15:36:59

Hmm, seems ok from this end ruby - the box does grey out for a couple of seconds, but just while it's loading the picture. May need a little more time to load?

rubysong Wed 20-Aug-14 22:16:35

I don't think this is going to work for me. I think my picture was to big. It's taken on a tablet and I don't know how to make it any smaller.

Galen Wed 20-Aug-14 23:11:16

Please see the query I've put under pictures iPad

EmilyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 21-Aug-14 12:53:17

Apologies everyone, I think some of you are having trouble uploading the photos of your lovely bakes. Bear with us, and please save your photos! We have discovered what the problem and hope to have it resolved soon.

Best,

GNHQ

Galen Thu 21-Aug-14 14:35:33

My effort at a plain white loaf

Galen Thu 21-Aug-14 14:36:06

That was done on the iphone

Galen Thu 21-Aug-14 14:37:41

This on ipad

Galen Thu 21-Aug-14 14:38:48

Ah! Looks like tech's sorted it!

WELL DONE winecupcake

Galen Thu 21-Aug-14 15:04:26

No! It's stopped working again

Seren Thu 21-Aug-14 18:32:18

Viennese whirl 'oyster' biscuits for an 'ocean themed' birthday.

Napoleon Thu 21-Aug-14 19:47:47

My take on Mary Berry's cherry cake after my husband found it!!!

shysal Thu 21-Aug-14 20:38:26

I thought they had to fit the current week's theme and be labelled as in OP like Galen's fantastic loaf!
I am planning to make some savoury chelsea bun type things in the next day or so.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 22-Aug-14 10:30:23

Could be a yeast cake. hmm

Don't go getting over-competitive now.