Gransnet forums

Food

What's for tea tonight?

(97 Posts)
petitpois Fri 29-Apr-16 16:33:15

Someone inspire me or I'm going to be having an omelette for the 3rd night running...

Grannyknot Fri 29-Apr-16 17:15:06

Grilled steak, mushrooms and grilled tomato with a baked potato with sour cream. I can hardly wait smile

Coolgran65 Fri 29-Apr-16 17:17:02

We've both got flu...... rich tea biscuits and a glass of milk.

Katek Fri 29-Apr-16 17:18:05

Home made lentil soup and crusty bread. Yum.

NonnaW Fri 29-Apr-16 17:24:03

Salmon with lemon rice and pesto

chloe1984 Fri 29-Apr-16 17:26:33

Poached eggs on toast

mumofmadboys Fri 29-Apr-16 17:31:14

Salad

Greyduster Fri 29-Apr-16 17:46:25

At DH's request, home made tomato and vegetable soup and a cheese sandwich - which I found totally uninspiring compared to the beef and mushroom stir fry and fried rice I was going to cook which will now have to wait until tommorrow. By eight o'clock I'll be starving again sad!

Coolgran65 Fri 29-Apr-16 17:52:08

Katek Oh I think I fancy your lentil soup. I do have some really nice breads in the freezer - alas no lentil soup.

Badenkate Fri 29-Apr-16 18:10:35

Lasagna and a glass (or two) of red wine wine smile

Charleygirl Fri 29-Apr-16 18:24:45

Duck, Parmentier potaotoes, celery, carrots, sweetcorn- yummy. I forgot orange sauce.

MamaCaz Fri 29-Apr-16 18:31:32

I had some leftover chicken in the fridge from yesterday, so I spiced it up with lots of herbs and other seasonings, fried it in a tiny bit of oil then served it in warm pitta bread along with salad, and some crisps on the side. Not the healthiest meal in the world, but it's Friday and everyone knows that it's ok to eat whatever you fancy on a Friday night! grin

cornergran Fri 29-Apr-16 18:44:53

Home made pizza with salad - yes it's Friday night. grin.

Margsus Fri 29-Apr-16 19:02:43

Oooooh can I come to your place for dinner Charleygirl? I'm local!!!

tanith Fri 29-Apr-16 19:07:28

We are having burgers tonight , aberdeen angus steak burgers with red onion and salad.

rubysong Fri 29-Apr-16 19:11:00

Fish cake, chips and mushy peas, cooked by DH. I was out at afternoon tea with friends so I was already full of cake (but still ate it all).

GrandmaMoira Fri 29-Apr-16 19:25:04

I've had prawn stir fry, which is something we rarely have so made a change.

Gagagran Fri 29-Apr-16 19:37:27

Liver and bacon with carrot and swede mash and I added potatoes for DH. Very tasty. Mini Mars bar and cup of tea for afterwards.

Indinana Fri 29-Apr-16 19:53:55

Well we were supposed to be having fish and chips from the chip shop, cos we got back late from the May fair at GS's school. However, DH, who said he'd go and get it as I'm in so much pain with my feet, is now settled with a glass of wine watching the golf. He'll only got irritated if I remind him again so I'll just sit here and wait.... and wait. I'm famished sad

kittylester Fri 29-Apr-16 20:00:59

Rib eye steak, chips, battered onion rings and roasted tomatoes plus winewine it's Friday after all!!

It was only afterwards that I realised that I'd had chips at lunchtime too. blush The lunch time ones didn't count though as the restaurant was so dark that I couldn't see what I was eating and I think the chips were served a plant pot. confused #styleoversubstance

Ana Fri 29-Apr-16 20:28:59

Well, they probably weren't chips at all then, kitty - probably just bark or something...grin

BBbevan Fri 29-Apr-16 20:30:23

We are on a LCHF diet, so tonight it is roasted monkfish with garlic, rosemary and fennel. Also tender stem broccoli. Perhaps 1 square of 90% chocolate for pudding. And, I nearly forgot, a glass of sparkling water with a slice of lime.

thatbags Fri 29-Apr-16 20:44:25

Sea bass with lemon and chervil butter, new potatoes with butter and parsley, carrots with butter, peas.

Tizliz Fri 29-Apr-16 21:28:25

Homemade pork burgers, aspargus and hash browns. Fresh raspberries and blueberries with yogurt. We had home made lentil soup for lunch.

Charleygirl Fri 29-Apr-16 22:11:01

Margsus the portion was minute I am afraid. I had the same last night- I live on my own so usually have the same two evenings on the trot. The duck was bought at Waitrose but I think that I prefer M&S.

Tomorrow will be steak and trimmings and because I only have half of the steak, the other half is perfect for Sunday. I think that I will be back to an omelette on Monday.