Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Premium Bonds

(3 Posts)
henbane Wed 18-Nov-15 13:55:08

I buy for my grandchildren every Christmas. You didn't used to be able to buy for children on line. I would get forms from the PO, fill them in, send them in with a cheque.

Last year I tried downloading a form but you still had to post it & it was invalid so they sent me the right ones to fill out.

Now POs don't deal with PBs at all but you can supposedly buy for children on line. So I did.

Unfortunately you can only do this if you are a parent, not a grandparent. It being Christmas when lots of grandparents buy for grandchildren, you would think this essential information would be included on the online form or displayed during the application procedure wouldn't you? But no.

So they have sent me this confusing document asking for certified proof of adoption or guardianship. I ring up. Eventually we work out what has happened. I still can't use the downloaded forms but they will send me new ones I can use. There is no way to cancel the existing application as far as I can see so I have to wait for it to be rejected because I haven't provided the requested documentation, then they will refund the money and I can start again.

Words fail me.

henbane Fri 27-Nov-15 23:33:33

Update: NS&I have actually let me buy the PBs for the other grandchild. I have no idea why it was ok for the 9 year old but not for the 4 year old.

M0nica Sat 28-Nov-15 16:30:08

The mind boggles. I am glad I decided to buy DGC clothes.