Gransnet forums

Health

Home from hip op

(153 Posts)
Mishap Sun 28-Sep-14 18:26:49

Home today - feeling pretty wiped out. Hoping I will gradually perk up.

Kiora Sun 28-Sep-14 18:29:52

flowers take it easy. Was it/ is it as bad or better than you thought?

Lona Sun 28-Sep-14 18:44:02

Take it easy Mishap, glad you're back home, there's no place like it! flowers

Anne58 Sun 28-Sep-14 18:47:01

Sending you every good wish for a speedy recovery, but take it easy!

Charleygirl Sun 28-Sep-14 18:48:36

Delighted to hear that you are home. I also hope that DH is feeling better because he is going to have to look after you now.

Grannyknot Sun 28-Sep-14 18:52:04

flowers - home from hospital means you're on the road to recovery.

merlotgran Sun 28-Sep-14 18:58:52

Take it easy, Mishap Hope you soon start to pick up.

harrigran Sun 28-Sep-14 19:09:38

Mishap flowers be kind to yourself

thatbags Sun 28-Sep-14 19:23:54

Good to hear you're back home, mishap. All the best for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. flowers

Gagagran Sun 28-Sep-14 19:40:53

We've all been concerned about you Mishap and sending positive vibes. Hope some reached you and helped a bit.

Now, you are on the road to recovery and hopefully you will soon feel like a new woman! sunshineflowers

Bellasnana Sun 28-Sep-14 19:51:10

Sorry I haven't been reading all the threads so hadn't realised you were having surgery Mishap. I do hope you will gradually feel the benefit and we send sincerest good wishes for a speedy recovery flowers

ffinnochio Sun 28-Sep-14 19:54:39

Mishap Good to hear you're home, so all must have gone well. Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery. flowers

Coolgran65 Sun 28-Sep-14 20:20:52

Best regards.

kittylester Sun 28-Sep-14 20:44:12

Hope you are doing well mishap flowers

numberplease Sun 28-Sep-14 22:37:32

Welcome back Mishap, I hope all continues to go well.

Nelliemoser Sun 28-Sep-14 23:17:19

Very best wishes Mishap It's good to hear you are home now.

TriciaF Mon 29-Sep-14 13:56:55

Best wishes from me too - be patient, you'll feel the benefit of the replacement soon.
How long since your operation?

Teetime Mon 29-Sep-14 14:49:06

Well done mishap the only way is up now but take it steady flowers

Icyalittle Mon 29-Sep-14 15:35:14

Very best wishes Mishap. Of course you are feeling knocked about at the moment, but every day will be better. Be kind to yourself and accept every help that's offered. Thinking of you flowers and a brew if you fancy one.

Mishap Mon 29-Sep-14 17:42:38

Thanks everyone.

To those of you who have had this op I would like to ask whether any of you had pain down the nerve in your shin following surgery and if so how long this lasted?

TriciaF Tue 30-Sep-14 09:32:43

I've just worked out that your op. was less than a week ago (23rd?)
No wonder you still have some soreness. Do you take painkillers?
I don't remember the shin pain, but I did have a sort of nerve pain down the outside of my leg, off and on, for some time. My friend who has also had hip replacement said the same thing.
My doctor said it was normal - perhaps some minor nerve damage during he op. and the nerves repairing themselves. And still some inflammation after just a week. Best to ask your doctor though, or the nurse.
Try an icepack - very soothing

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 30-Sep-14 09:39:21

Hope it feels better soon Mishap. Very early days yet. Give it some time. flowers

Mishap Tue 30-Sep-14 12:41:01

Things not going brilliantly just now. I seem to have some adverse response to the anticoagulant and am weak as a kitten. Just hanging on in and hoping for better times.

But surgeon said I was down to bone on bone when he got in there and lots of osteophytes (little bony growths) so it had to be done. I just hope my recovery takes a turn for the better soon.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 30-Sep-14 12:47:06

I think it will Mishap. It's bound to take a bit longer now we're not quite so young as we were. But it will come. It's a sod about the anticoagulants though. How long do you have to take them for?

Hope you've got this sunshine. If you have, sit out and enjoy it.

Gagagran Tue 30-Sep-14 13:05:35

Oh Mishap you have just had a big operation so of course you will feel weak. Accept any help offered and let your strength come back gradually. My wise old Mum used to say "strength comes in through the mouth" so make sure you eat too!

Take it a day at a time and believe that things will get better by and by - they will you know!

Keep in touch on GN so we can all try to cheer and encourage you. sunshine