Gransnet forums

Health

planta fascillitis

(23 Posts)
campodol Sun 01-Mar-15 13:00:43

i know this topic has been discussed in the past but just wondered if anyone has found a miracle cure, i am hobbling at the moment !!

Charleygirl Sun 01-Mar-15 13:23:51

Sorry but there is no miracle cure for plantar fasciitis.

Liz46 Sun 01-Mar-15 13:25:31

I am suffering too. I went to a physiotherapist last week and he told me to rub the affected areas with ice three times a day and gave me exercises to do. My g.p. referred me to the hospital last December to have insoles made for my shoes but I haven't had an appointment yet. My problem is caused to a high instep and I also have problems with my achilles tendon.

Lilygran Sun 01-Mar-15 13:26:42

Plantar fasciitis. A good orthotic insert for your shoe helps. I went over to wearing good trainers intended for runners and I still wear them. My GP said an injection into the foot works for some people. I didn't try it. It does go away eventually. flowers

campodol Sun 01-Mar-15 13:30:54

thanks everyone ,its nice to hear you say it does go eventually Lilygran so i can wait and thanks for the flowers ,feel better already

merlotgran Sun 01-Mar-15 13:31:54

Yes. orthotic insoles are the answer. I wear them in all my shoes and boots now. I also had a course of acupuncture which helped a lot.

I buy my insoles on e-Bay.

ninathenana Sun 01-Mar-15 13:37:47

Yes, it does go, mine lasted about 3 wks. A friend was prescribed insoles by the hospital.

annsixty Sun 01-Mar-15 14:12:23

The insoles by Sch..... Worked well for DH and he found he was better wearing close fitting trainers.

ginny Sun 01-Mar-15 14:31:46

I have it too. I have bought insoles for support and they do help. I am also wearing trainers indoors. My physio' whom I see as I have had knee replacements recently, suggests freezing water in a plastic bottle and rolling it under your instep also flexing your foot as in standing on tip toe. I have had in a few times and it does go eventually.

campodol Sun 01-Mar-15 14:41:10

thanks everyone , have just ordered my first pair of orthontic insoles on ebay, will let you know how i get on smile

Liz46 Sun 01-Mar-15 15:12:20

Thanks Ginny for the frozen plastic bottle idea. I have been using ice and dripping water everywhere.

KatyK Sun 01-Mar-15 17:12:34

My DH had this and also bought some insoles on ebay. They seemed to help a great deal.

grandma60 Sun 01-Mar-15 18:56:52

Pavers insoles are very good too.

rockgran Sun 01-Mar-15 19:23:41

Apologies if this has already been suggested but I find a golf ball in a sock is great to massage the sole of the foot. You stand on the cuff of the sock and run your aching other foot over the golf ball without it rolling away. Very soothing. I discovered the orthotic insoles years ago and the relief was instantaneous. I don't bother with the sticky thing - I find they are quite easily transferred from shoe to shoe. I swear by Hotter shoes too.

Tegan Sun 01-Mar-15 19:36:17

I use Gaitway half insoles; bought them from a Scholl shop years ago. Walked into the shop in agony and bounced out; haven't had a problem since. My doctor told me to 'just wear trainers' which I did for 6 months sad. I now wear Nike trainers with 'fitsoles' and only wear the insoles sometimes.

campodol Sun 01-Mar-15 19:38:50

thanks rockgran thats very helpful

loopylou Sun 01-Mar-15 19:50:47

I wear half insoles for a painful Achilles tendon. I have to wear fairly flat shoes and the insoles really help- and I swear by Hotter shoes and boots too smile
I hope you get some relief soon campodol

campodol Sun 01-Mar-15 20:06:00

you are all so kind and helpful ,thankyou i send flowersto you all

Coolgran65 Sun 01-Mar-15 21:26:28

I was given Diaped insoles from the hospital which were excellent. Bought another pair off Amazon for £21.99 .

Coolgran65 Mon 02-Mar-15 01:54:01

I also use them in my slippers. Long skinny arthritic feet need lots of cushioning. I also have a plantar neuroma on the arch of my foot and when this becomes inflamed it causes further symptoms up the back of the calf from trying not to hurt it.

campodol Tue 03-Mar-15 15:54:29

just got my new orthotic insoles in , feel very odd at the moment but hopefully get used to them hmm

celebgran Tue 03-Mar-15 17:22:26

Campodol I had this since last may! Had 2 cortisone jabs no good.

Then had physio ultrasound and stretching helped bit, now had Lipitro
Say shock treatment painful had 2 so far it is lot better, I also had special insoles made which wear in my boots comfy ones, takes a long time if you get it badly. I had MRI scan In end as nothing seemed work showed
Plantar fasilitis and tendonitis.

Good luck it will go eventually .,

campodol Tue 03-Mar-15 17:40:30

thanks celebgran nice to think it might go eventually