Gransnet forums

Health

Fluey Cold

(11 Posts)
Falconbird Fri 29-May-15 12:19:56

I've got a nasty cold that's going around my way. Anyone else caught it and has a good solution for making it less miserable. It's a really nasty one with aching legs as well as all the other usual cold symptoms.

nannieroz111 Fri 29-May-15 12:47:55

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather falcon. I know its seems a lot worse when you have to deal with it all on your own. Best I can suggest is to keep on top of it with (if you're allowed to take it) N***fen (advertising?) and hot lemonade drinks. It won't cure it, but will help you ride it out. smile flowers

Bellanonna Fri 29-May-15 13:00:09

I imagine there are various permutations of this bug Falconbird. Mine started a few weeks ago and soon became a cough which just won't go away. I have a range of attendant aches and pains along with the cough and today had blood tests done to see if there is any underlying cause. A thread back in April was devoted to the cough aspect of this virus and some people had had it for many weeks. So if it's the same thing, it has been virulent and nasty this time round. I now feel so weak with it that I am barely able to lift the GC Aged 1, 2 and 3. A nasal spray might help you meanwhile, and if you do get the cough just be prepared for some wakeful nights and frustrating days. While you are still laid low with the head cold, just try relaxing with daytime telly. -jeremy Kyle should give you the determination to get better at all costs - and some paracetamol, warming cups or whatever you drink, and glasses of ditto. Good luck

Teetime Fri 29-May-15 15:45:34

There is as they say sadly ' a lot of it about'. I always find high dose Vit C, lots of hot drinks and keeping warm with a light diet and if its to your taste the odd hot toddy is the way forward. I hope you all feel better soon and hopefully the sun will come out too!!! smile

jeanie99 Fri 29-May-15 17:11:19

If you are having aching limb could it be flu?

My GP once told me that a cold only lasts 7 days.

My experience of runny colds with eyes running is to take something to reduce your temperature drink plenty of fluids and keep warm.

flowers

bikergran Sat 30-May-15 08:07:11

Falconbird hope this morning you are feeling a little brighter sunshine flowers cupcake brew smile

Falconbird Sat 30-May-15 08:30:55

Bikergran - yes feeling a bit better today and it's a lovely day here, bright and sunny. sunshine

bikergran Sat 30-May-15 08:38:48

That's good news....smile

Bellanonna Sat 30-May-15 09:35:15

Sit out in it for a bit, while it lasts anyway. You always feel better in the sun. Speedy recovery!

nannieroz111 Sat 30-May-15 09:52:28

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better today falcon. Soak up all the vitamin D you can today. smile

Falconbird Sat 30-May-15 10:37:07

I think I -sweated- perspired it all out smile