Gransnet forums

Health

Shingles jab

(8 Posts)
Redestate841 Tue 17-May-16 16:25:18

I had a shingles jab in Feb, site a bit sore for a few days then settled. About 4 weeks ago, out walking the the dog, searing, burning pain near jab site. This has progressed to a lot of pain in my upper arm muscle and at times my forearm muscle. GP seemed puzzled. Well penny has dropped and I think it is a shingle pain! No blisters but it is very painful right where I had jab. I think it is beginning to settle now. Has anyone else had this following a shingle jab please?

Charleygirl Tue 17-May-16 17:40:05

Not so far but I only had my shingles jab a week ago.

Redestate841 Tue 17-May-16 17:42:33

I may be wrong and it could be nothing to do with the jab but it does seem a big coincidence! Hope you will continue to be ok!

overthehill Thu 26-May-16 23:35:04

December 2014 my DH had his flu jab and had the shingles jab at the same time. A week or so later, he started to develop spots all over his body. Back to the docs who said it was a coincidence sndy gave him numerous creams to try. Nothing worked and they continued to be there until June 2015. We tried all sorts of alternative treatments then finally he tried high dose probiotics and they gradually started to fade.

cornergran Fri 27-May-16 00:01:35

My DH had a shingles jab with no impact at all. Arm not sore, no pain or swelling, certainly no spots. Guess we're all different and react differently. Thise with an adverse reaction have my sympathy, it must be horrid, but just wanted to say it isn't always like that.

M0nica Fri 27-May-16 08:20:52

DH and I had the inoculation two years ago, both without side effect. I was worried about side effects as i frequently react negatively to all kinds of medications, however administered.

annsixty Fri 27-May-16 09:02:34

H and I have both had it,I had no effect at all. H did have a few itchy blebs at the injection site but we had been told this could happen.
H had his along with his flu jab, one in each arm but a different Dr had me wait a week between them.

ElaineI Fri 27-May-16 21:53:43

It is a live vaccine so possible to get mild dose after the jag. Also you can transmit chickenpox to others so should avoid pregnant women and people having chemo or immunosuppressive treatment.