Gransnet forums

Health

Revitive Circulation Booster

(16 Posts)
NotTooOld Sat 30-Jul-16 21:33:29

Has anyone tried one of these? They work by electrical muscle stimulation and are advertised as giving relief from leg and foot swelling, aches and discomfort. I'm thinking of getting one to see if it will help with the restless leg syndrome I sometimes get if sitting in the evening. They cost £149.99 with a 30 day trial period, so not cheap, hence I would be interested to know if anyone has tried one and found it to be effective? I don't want to buy another useless machine which will end up in the understairs cupboard.

DaphneBroon Sat 30-Jul-16 23:09:07

I have wondered about one for DH who spends the afternoons in his armchair admittedly with his feet on a footstool as he gets swollen ankles, because he doesn't move around enough.
But as you say, not cheap.

PRINTMISS Sun 31-Jul-16 09:28:51

I bought one for the o.h (thinking of using it myself also), not sure if it does him any good, his legs just ache, which I think is in relation to another problem. Don't think it does any harm, and certainly makes the legs feel more 'alive', if that is possible. Not cheap.

Gononsuch Sun 31-Jul-16 09:30:45

If it was any good the NHS would be using it, spend you're money how you want. smile

Charleygirl Sun 31-Jul-16 09:32:53

Please be careful, do not buy one if you have had a joint replacement because over time the joint can loosen within the cement.

annsixty Sun 31-Jul-16 09:35:51

I did read that it was one of the very regular offerings to charity shops, although I had thought they didn't accept electrical items. However it did suggest they soon lose their appeal.

Charleygirl Sun 31-Jul-16 09:45:59

annsixty some charity shops do accept small electrical items which are tested "in house".

Mumsy Sun 31-Jul-16 10:04:46

I bought one about a year ago, I found it very relaxing when my feet and legs were aching but after regular use my osteo arthritis was so painful in my knees so I stopped using it every day. I do use it now and again if my feet are aching and it does get the circulation going. Its basically a tens machine you put your feet on.

Coolgran65 Sun 31-Jul-16 10:19:28

OP I suffer from rls 24/7 in legs and arms , 30+ years. This machine has been discussed on a RLS Forum to which I belong and the comments are not positive. Suggest you join a good rls discussion board for support. A good one is rls.org.

Gononsuch Sun 31-Jul-16 10:26:35

Oh! the internet is wonderful, just been to rls.org, thanks for telling me, what did we do before the T.V and the Internet, I remember we use to have 5 or 6 children and go to world wars.

DaphneBroon Sun 31-Jul-16 13:04:41

Speak for yourself gononsuch which World War did you go to then (besides the numerous offspring)?
Why so scathing or is it your (NOTE, not you're) default setting? confused

Eloethan Sun 31-Jul-16 13:35:01

I'd wondered about this for my Mum as she occasionally gets swollen ankles. It seems there are mixed opinions as to whether it works or not, so I'll hold off getting one for the time being unless I see a reputable organisation recommending it.

NotTooOld Sun 31-Jul-16 17:17:36

In the ad I saw Ian Botham recommends it, Eloethan - do you call him a reputable source? grin Hmm, from what you all say (and thank you for your replies) I reckon it might be something that WOULD end up in the cupboard under the stairs, so I think I'll hold off.

NanaandGrampy Sun 31-Jul-16 17:39:38

I have to say we have one. No knee replacements to worry about . We find its quite good. Sometimes I get swollen ankles and it sorts them out. Also I found it seemed to help with leg cramps. I was getting a lot at night ( I tend not to move about much) and this seemed to work.

But I'm sure we didn't pay £149 for it...probably a groupon.

Badenkate Sun 31-Jul-16 19:17:46

I have one and it does help with my swollen feet and ankles. Also if you have a recognised chronic condition such as diabetes or high BP you can buy it less VAT

NotTooOld Sun 31-Jul-16 21:26:37

Thanks again. I do have a hip replacement and recently a knee arthoscopy so I'm wondering if I should not use one anyway?