Suem123 Sat 17-Sep-16 10:43:13

Feeling nervous.... Any comments greatly appreciated
Sue
Xx

annsixty Sat 17-Sep-16 10:49:28

Just recovering, doing fine, will PM you as just going out

henetha Sat 17-Sep-16 11:17:54

Lots of good luck to you.
I had one knee done over ten years ago and it was completely succesful. I could dance two weeks later.
Now I am on a waiting list to have the other one done.
I had my second pre-operation assessment yesterday so it is just a matter of waiting now.
It's understandable that you are nervous. But there is a very high probability that you will be absolutely fine.
It's all over quicker than you think and you can start life again without all that pain.
I shall be interested to hear how you get on.

Jane10 Fri 30-Sep-16 11:58:26

Am in same boat Suem. Very apprehensive and in a state of shock really. Somehow I didn't think it would come to this.

Wobblybits Fri 30-Sep-16 12:29:38

Had a hip & knee replaced , magic. My other hip has suddenly become very painful, waiting x-ray result to find out if tha has to be replaced.

No need to feel nervous, worn out joints can only get worse, replacement may be traumatic for a short while, but you will soon be up and about without any pain. I have had general and spinal anesthetic, would go for the spinal block every time, but you can hear everything that is happening.

Wobblybits Fri 30-Sep-16 12:35:37

When i had my hip done, I was amazed that I could walk the following day and manage stairs the day after that. It took about a year for 100% recovery to the point where I had forgotten about having a replaced hip and did everything normally without any care.

annsixty Fri 30-Sep-16 12:43:35

7 weeks post op, walking fine, no crutches , no walking stick and discharged by physio and saw surgical team yesterday and will see them again in12 months. Don't worry too much.

Jane10 Fri 30-Sep-16 13:47:00

Thanks. I'm getting used to the idea. I was just used to a sore knee though and thought that was it. Oh well. Onwards. You are inspirations for us!