Gransnet forums

House and home

Non iron duvet covers.

(57 Posts)
supermum48 Sat 23-Jun-12 18:02:14

Can anybody recommend a non iron duvet cover that really is non iron? I want to be able to machine wash, tumble dry and put straight back on the bed.

glammanana Sun 24-Jun-12 16:13:52

mr.glamma many years ago tried to show me how his mum ironed his shirts when he lived at home needless to say from that day to this he has done all his own ironing.wink

mrshat Sun 24-Jun-12 17:02:37

I also love Egyptian cotton, high count thread bed linen. My treat to myself is to have it ironed! There, I've owned up blush. I would have clean bed linen every day if there was a bed linen fairy. DH thinks I'm bonkers as he is of the 'who is going to see it' brigade and 'it will only be crumpled by the morning' faction, but each to their own .................smile

petallus Sun 24-Jun-12 17:10:44

I've never got on with steam irons. Use a plant spray to damp down the ironing. Always iron cotton duvet covers.

Ariadne Sun 24-Jun-12 17:42:27

My mother (of whom some of you have heard already) ironed everything. "I haven't seen anything that wouldn't look better for ironing." Think that meant my father too! Underpants, socks, tea towels, bras....

numberplease Sun 24-Jun-12 17:46:22

My sister-in-law ironed everything as well, including nappies! Don`t think she does now.

janthea Mon 25-Jun-12 13:41:47

I usually find that poly cotton bed linen comes out of the tumble dryer not needing to be ironed. However, I recently bought a new set, without checking, and discovered that they needed ironing! Now I have to iron the two sets of pillowcases and the duvet cover. They do get the minimum, just enough to make them presentable. I really don't have time to spend ages ironing them and my cleaner certainly doesn't have time.