Gransnet forums

House and home

Fold a fitted sheet neatly

(47 Posts)
FarNorth Fri 29-Apr-16 17:55:38

www.womansweekly.com/lifestyle/fold-fitted-sheet-26050/

This is a video of how to get a fitted sheet neatly folded.
I can't really be bothered, myself, but it was interesting to see how it's done. smile

Charleygirl Fri 29-Apr-16 18:10:44

I watched it but the time it took that woman to do it, I could have several folded my style and in a drawer.

FarNorth Fri 29-Apr-16 18:18:08

I expect it can be done quite quickly once you get used to it.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 29-Apr-16 18:26:44

I didn't know you could get Womans Weekly online!

Whole new world set of reading material opened up. Thank you.

Couldbn't even be arsed to watch that vid though.

Jalima Fri 29-Apr-16 18:37:08

That was very soothing.
How do you tell the difference, though, between a fitted and flat sheet when they are in the airing cupboard unless the fitted sheet is in a mess?

rubysong Fri 29-Apr-16 19:25:27

I learned to do this last year, through the magic of YouTube. Folded sheets take up less room on the shelf. I have a couple of flat sheets so I put them in rolled and the fitted ones folded to avoid confusion.

Jalima Fri 29-Apr-16 19:28:05

I rolled all my towels after I saw that on a thread on here; DH unrolled them all and folded them neatly again and put them back in the airing cupboard.

Lazigirl Fri 29-Apr-16 19:37:53

Jalima my DH would do that too. He's a bit OCD. Not saying your OH is. smile.

Jalima Fri 29-Apr-16 19:39:56

He likes tidy cupboards and drawers but tends to leave stuff lying around - and would store things on tops of cupboards, wardrobes etc if I let him.

Indinana Fri 29-Apr-16 19:48:05

I've done it this way for years - and no, it doesn't take any time at all. It takes her a longish time in the video because she's doing it in a slow and deliberate manner so that people will be able to follow it easily. It's certainly quicker than wrestling with all the elasticated bits and getting the sheet all creased, then trying pointlessly to smooth it out when you've got it in a mess wink

hildajenniJ Sat 30-Apr-16 07:44:03

Very nice, but as long as the bit you lie on is wrinkle free I'm not really bothered.

Nelliemoser Sat 30-Apr-16 10:52:40

CBA as long as its not too wrinkled due to not being taken out of the washing machine soon enough. They sort of stretch out anyway when you put them on the bed.
Ah delights of womans weekly! You can always use it get beaten on the bottom if you have willing partner.

shysal Sat 30-Apr-16 11:59:36

I have always folded fitted sheets this way. However, some of mine are elasticated all the way round, so they don't lie flat at the 'table' stage and still look a bit untidy when finished.

Purpledaffodil Sat 30-Apr-16 12:24:56

Slightly off thread, but I can remember my Mum having Woman's Weekly and the covers were in pink and blue, with the content being knitting patterns and recipes mainly. Was having a pedicure today in Kuala Lumpur (visiting DS 1) and Woman's Weekly Malaysia was a glossy magazine full of celebrities and expensive clothes. Mum would not have approved.
Nelliemoser so you too were a fan of Victoria Wood? Such a loss. sad

FarNorth Sat 30-Apr-16 12:26:43

You've got your priorities right, Nellie. smile

Nelliemoser Sat 30-Apr-16 12:48:16

purpledaffodil I was very much a fan of Victoria Wood what a very clever and talented woman with her humour and writing. sad sad

Bellanonna Sat 30-Apr-16 13:10:12

Eh, Nellie????? 10.52 post, last sentence. Each to his own, I guess.......
Most current magazines have pictures of and articles about celebrities whom I've never heard of, often showing them in unflattering (probably airbrushed) poses. Ok for a quick read at the hairdresser, or in a waiting room, but I wouldn't bother to buy them.

Bellanonna Sat 30-Apr-16 13:11:31

Oops I've strayed from the subject. Sorry.

Purpledaffodil Sat 30-Apr-16 14:14:43

And why not Bellanonna ? Threads are for straying from and I started it anyway. Don't worry about Nelliemoser. She was quoting from the late much lamented Victoria Wood, "Let's do it". Also contains the immortal line "Bend me over backwards on me hostess trolley" grin

Nonnie1 Sat 30-Apr-16 14:17:20

I find the easiest why to fold a fitted sheet is - don't bother. I just roll them up.

Luckygirl Sat 30-Apr-16 14:31:17

I just roll them up and sling them in the cupboard. We seem to have survived!

Jenty61 Sat 30-Apr-16 14:44:29

the hardest thing with a fitted sheet is trying to get one deep enough to fit a deep mattress mine keep pinging off! re the folding Ive given up and gone out and bought flat sheets so much better and they dont all wrinkle up while your sleeping..

lizzypopbottle Sat 30-Apr-16 15:20:52

You can get extra deep sheets at John Lewis or online. Linen Cupboard is a good website. I have a 3'6" divan and couldn't find fitted sheets till I found Linen Cupboard on line.

lizzypopbottle Sat 30-Apr-16 15:26:25

linencupboard.co.uk/

sweetcakes Sat 30-Apr-16 15:30:07

Life is just too short ?