Gransnet forums

News & politics

Chris and Gwyneth to split

(27 Posts)
crocus Wed 26-Mar-14 10:53:43

So who else saw this coming? And did anyone else feel slightly nauseous about how they revealed it (in a blog post entitled Conscious Uncoupling.)

I like her as an actress but can't be doing with all her food stuff. She always looks like she needs a nice plate of stew IMHO

Soutra Wed 26-Mar-14 11:24:05

Don't wish to sound rude but who what ? and "whatever" smile

Ana Wed 26-Mar-14 11:25:27

Gwyneth Paltrow and hubby Chris, I assume.

Ana Wed 26-Mar-14 11:26:09

Him out of Coldplay...wink

crocus Wed 26-Mar-14 11:29:09

Yes that's the one. And it is a bit whatever which is why I don't understand why it was headline news last night. So many more important things going on in the world

Soutra Wed 26-Mar-14 11:31:12

Exactly crocus - sleb gossip? Never go there.

Nelliemoser Wed 26-Mar-14 11:34:37

Who actually gives a damn! I just do not get Celebrity!

merlotgran Wed 26-Mar-14 11:35:22

Oh Gawd! Not another silly book! hmm

crocus Wed 26-Mar-14 11:36:36

It's always sad when a marriage breaks down of course - but headline news when there are so many bigger and more important stories? I did think "conscious uncoupling" was a bit much though. How up themselves?

Moving on entirely - as I said before - she is a good actress but I think she takes her food fads too far and always looks like she is in desperate need of a decent meal

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Mar-14 12:00:23

I so agree about the "conscious uncoupling" thing. Weird! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Mar-14 12:02:30

Almost makes it sound as though they have all of their time in one long...... No!!! I won't go there!

thatbags Wed 26-Mar-14 12:24:05

Someone on Twitter reckons That Chris is tucking into a the hugest steak ever as we speak grin

Tegan Wed 26-Mar-14 12:24:06

It always seemed an odd relationship but it was good to see it [supposedly] working so well. Wonder if it's because her career sems to go from strength to strength whereas Coldplay seem to be a bit passe now? Not good, career wise in some ways though in that she portrayed herself as such an earth mother type. Seemed like two very intense people; maybe they'll both meet up with someone else, lighten up a bit and have some fun. As ever sad for the children but they've coped with their odd names so they'll cope with this.

crocus Wed 26-Mar-14 12:25:47

Maybe they will be able to eat chips on the weekends they are with him smile

Tegan Wed 26-Mar-14 12:27:01

Doubt it; she'll send them with a list of suitable food....

Eloethan Wed 26-Mar-14 13:22:36

Ten years is a long time in showbiz.

HildaW Wed 26-Mar-14 13:45:48

Not sure why BBC felt the need to add this to the lunch time news complete with film clips!. Its hardly in the same league as Putin in Ukraine, The Malaysian air crash and fatal landsides in Washington. In this day of internet news, blogs and Twitter, those who feel the need to catch up of people's marital troubles have plenty of places to go.

POGS Wed 26-Mar-14 14:13:24

I couldn't agree more Hilda.

henetha Wed 26-Mar-14 14:18:58

Concious uncoupling sounds dodgy to me.... a bit like playing trains.
Very sad, but definitely not worthy of national news space when the world has so many huge problems to face.

rosequartz Wed 26-Mar-14 14:23:17

Apparently they still 'love each other' - so what's that all about then?

Personally, I have no desire to watch them consciously uncoupling. I would prefer that they did that in private.

Nonu Wed 26-Mar-14 14:37:04

They always seemed a slightly Unlikely couple to me .
Still suppose by showbiz standards 10 years is a long time !

merlotgran Wed 26-Mar-14 14:43:55

I think they need to move on from Thomas The Tank Engine.

Mishap Wed 26-Mar-14 15:01:37

Yawn!

kittylester Wed 26-Mar-14 16:13:03

Whatevva!!

Bunch Sat 29-Mar-14 07:43:27

Merlotgran: 'Conscious Uncoupling' - yes indeed! As Louise Minchin said on BBC Breakfast the other morning, it sounds more like something that happens to trains. As far as this pair's, or any other 'celebrity coupling' is concerned, quite frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn, but this comment is so beyond ridiculous I just wonder if these people actually come from a different planet, but then it's always good for a laugh I suppose!!