Gransnet forums

News & politics

Emma Watson aging

(35 Posts)
thatbags Mon 31-Mar-14 16:52:41

Give me strength!

mollie Mon 31-Mar-14 16:55:31

Shall we wait to see what she thinks in 30 years time? Lol!

Gally Mon 31-Mar-14 17:19:44

Unbelievable - silly girl (tho' I wouldn't mind being photo-shopped wink)

sherish Mon 31-Mar-14 18:03:24

I think she is just self-promoting herself. Why else would we need to see the contents of her make up bag and read the silly comments she's been making?
what an airhead!

Aka Mon 31-Mar-14 18:45:33

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

absent Mon 31-Mar-14 18:56:03

Gosh, that was interesting.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 31-Mar-14 19:05:06

I suppose it's relative. She is probably thinking of maturity. She did start out in films at a very young age.

Iam64 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:05:12

She was a successful child actress, and we're all aware of the small number of youngsters who made a reasonably stable move into adult life after starring in movies as children.
She's young, let's give her a break smile

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 31-Mar-14 19:05:45

absent we need a little bit of ha ha ha hee hee hee. hmm

KatyK Mon 31-Mar-14 19:13:24

I agree with her. It is SO exciting to see your teeth and hair start to fall out, your skin wrinkle up and to become invisible. Bitter? Moi? I must say though I was rather looking forward to getting into my forties when I was in my 30s. There were a lot of glamorous 40 somethings around at the time and I was looking forward to joining their ranks. Wish I could go there again sad but as my DH says 'wish in one hand and poo in the other and see which one gets full first'. Ignore me I'm having a grumpy day wink

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 19:34:10

Don"t think she was causing any great harm to anyone ! Just a young woman rattling on , as they seem to do nowadays , everything seems to have to be "Talked about" , in minute detail !!
grin

annodomini Mon 31-Mar-14 19:43:41

Airhead she is not. Brown University is one of the Ivy League colleges and she has been a visitor student (whatever that may be) at Worcester College, Oxford. This Telegraph article shows that she isn't taking it all too seriously.

Tegan Mon 31-Mar-14 19:49:19

I thought it was rather lovely of her to, at a time when 'celebs' are constantly shown airbrushed for the cameras [and making other women feel inferior] make a point of saying 'this is what it takes to make me look this gorgeous'. A bit like a different version of the Dolly Parton 'it costs a fortune to make me look this cheap' quote.

JessM Mon 31-Mar-14 19:59:10

In the account I read she was also talking about how difficult it has been her, being stalked around the university by press and feeling under pressure to be perfect. I agree with Tegan. In Wales we would say chwarae ten - fair play to her.

KatyK Mon 31-Mar-14 20:33:19

This grumpy old bat regrets her previous post. blush

thatbags Mon 31-Mar-14 20:37:33

Well, I suppose there is that, she is aging in the same way all twenty-three year olds are, as all one year olds are even. But the juxtaposition of aging and 23 struck me as weird. 23 is young however you look at it and one doesn't even realise one's mortal for several years after that. Talk of aging just seemed daft.

Her intelligence or otherwise didn't come into my thinking at all. I know Minibags admires Watson's groundedness.

Ana Mon 31-Mar-14 20:42:19

It's the phrasing, for me. "I'm excited about the ageing process." Why? confused

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 20:42:21

KATY

wink

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 20:45:24

ANA ,
she might not be so excited when it finally comes upon her .
Chuckle !!!

Ana Mon 31-Mar-14 21:19:56

I know! grin
But why be 'excited' about it at 23? If she's just talking about playing older parts in films etc., fair enough, but that's nothing to do with the actual process of ageing.

Deedaa Mon 31-Mar-14 21:20:01

I do remember having all my hair cut off when I was 21 because I was grown up and much too old to have long hair!!! I had changed my mind by the time I was 30 and have ignored age since then.

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 22:07:59

ANA 23 year olds DO excited !!
mind you I DO excited and I am surely not 23 any more.
[not that I would want to go back to that , for all the tea in China]
grin

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 22:09:51

Deedaa
grin

Ana Mon 31-Mar-14 22:14:12

Nonu do you DO excited about ageing? grin

Nonu Mon 31-Mar-14 22:32:15

Hunny-Bunny I don"t do excited about ageing !!
I meant I DO excited generally !!you have to keep up with me . [if you want to of course] , probably can"t be a---d , and who would blame you !!
gringrin