Gransnet forums

News & politics

Baby Criminals!

(8 Posts)
BAnanas Mon 07-Apr-14 10:45:06

I have just read an article in The Independent on line about a nine month old baby boy in Pakistan who has been charged with a murder, threatening police and interfering with state affairs! Surely this has to me the most ludicrous case ever to reach a court even for their skewed justice system!

BAnanas Mon 07-Apr-14 10:49:50

The poor little mite has at least been granted bail, although he did have to sit through a court hearing but was allowed his bottle during this process!

ninathenana Mon 07-Apr-14 11:00:50

I read this over the weekend. Apparently he threw rocks at a policeman. As someone was quoted "at 9mths he couldn't even pick up a rock"
As you say ludicrous!

Penstemmon Mon 07-Apr-14 11:04:02

Fact is stranger than fiction!

Is it some terrible family feud where this poor child is being used?

Ana Mon 07-Apr-14 11:09:44

It's only 'attempted' murder he's been charged with, apparently along with the rest of the family, who caused a ruckus when gas officials arrived at their home to disconnect their supply.

rosesarered Wed 09-Apr-14 14:46:29

The police there all need a slap.

BAnanas Sat 12-Apr-14 14:30:33

Phew baby has now been acquitted, although judge did take a week to reach that decision. When I first read this story I did think it was some sort of "April Fools Day" joke. The words of John McEnroe "you cannot be serious" sprang to mind and I still can't believe they actually pursued the charges. What a joke!

goldengirl Sat 12-Apr-14 17:08:44

And the cost?