Gransnet forums

News & politics

Life in Prison for Khmer Rouge Leaders

(3 Posts)
POGS Thu 07-Aug-14 15:01:27

I doubt anybody will challenge the fact that the Khmer Rouge were a vile organisation of a sadistic/barbaric nature.

Today in Phnom Penh a UN Tribunal has sentenced Khieu Samphan, successor to Pol Pot and Nuon Chea, Brother No. 2 to life imprisonment for Crimes Against Humanity. Good. There are supposedly 4 more people under investigation.

We are seeing atrocities today and we are naturally full of despair, the Khmer Rouge were an evil blood thirsty bunch who it is said murdered up to 2 million people in the 70's.

I can vividly see in my mind the pictures and stories that were shown of 'The Killing Fields' and their atrocities and I feel not one iota of sympathy for these two men.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 07-Aug-14 18:20:38

It's good.

And there are other "politicians/war criminals in power today who should meet the same fate.

Wretched bastards, the lot of them.

nigglynellie Thu 07-Aug-14 19:58:31

They should be hanged evil, evil creatures. (and I'm vehemently against capital punishment,but there are exceptions to every rule, and this is one of them) I too can remember this awful cruel regime. As usual the world rung it's hands!