Gransnet forums

News & politics

Joan Rivers death.

(12 Posts)
henetha Sun 07-Sep-14 17:46:23

I fully realise what a controversial person she was, but I found Joan
Rivers very funny and kind-of admired her spirit.
This will not be a popular opinion, I don't suppose.

numberplease Sun 07-Sep-14 18:13:46

I found her a very funny lady, she will be missed by many.

Margsus Sun 07-Sep-14 18:23:28

I loved her, she was absolutely fearless and told it as it was. She was a very funny lady, and I am really saddened by her death.

Ana Sun 07-Sep-14 18:27:16

What a character! And a very, very funny entertainer.

Agus Sun 07-Sep-14 18:41:39

I thought she was extremely witty whilst putting her point across with humour. Sad to hear she has died.

janerowena Sun 07-Sep-14 20:32:24

I watched her 'An audience with' last night with my son, as he had never seen her before and I wanted him to while he had the chance. We decided that all she has ever done is said what is already in our minds anyway, yet never dare to say for fear of society's condemnation. She was totally fearless, though.

Deedaa Sun 07-Sep-14 22:54:41

There was a double page spread of her one liners in the paper - so funny!!!

henetha Mon 08-Sep-14 10:14:40

Oh, thank goodness. I am so glad others admired her as much as I did.
I really expected a lot of scathing comments and am relieved I was wrong.

janerowena Mon 08-Sep-14 11:00:45

Her funeral sounds hilarious too. It started with the New Yorks Gay Men's choir! And Hugh Jackman sang in the interval. Lots of jokes in the eulogies. Wonderful.

NanKate Mon 08-Sep-14 14:52:00

Yes what a character, regularly she made tasteless jokes but on the whole I liked her.

She said she wanted to be buried just a few inches down as she knew people thought she was shallow. smile

feetlebaum Mon 08-Sep-14 15:18:28

“The kind of people who always go on about whether a thing is in good taste invariably have very bad taste”

[i]Joe Orton[/i]

“A man of great common sense and good taste is a man without originality or moral courage."

[i]George Bernard Shaw[/i]

suebailey1 Mon 08-Sep-14 16:00:23

I really liked Joan - Kit Hesketh Harvey (Kit and the Widow her support act) wrote a lovely piece about her in the telegraph aOn Saturday she sounded a really nice caring person as well as a brilliant comic.