Gransnet forums

News & politics

Bring Back Our Girls

(9 Posts)
grannyactivist Fri 17-Oct-14 17:38:13

Boko Haram say that the schoolgirls the group has abducted will soon be released. I do hope the reports are true and that these girls will soon be reunited with their parents.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29665165

thatbags Fri 17-Oct-14 17:56:50

I'm hoping too.

ffinnochio Fri 17-Oct-14 18:20:21

I do hope so, but remain skeptical. There has been traffic on twitter because of the 6 months that has passed since these girls were abducted - a media resurgence of concern. The issue of this press release is just a little too coincidental. I do hope I am wrong.

baubles Fri 17-Oct-14 19:17:46

I too am hoping that the girls will be released. I'll believe it when it happens.

Crow Fri 17-Oct-14 19:54:23

But how damaged will they be?
We live in a strange world.

HollyDaze Sat 18-Oct-14 15:12:00

It was heartening to hear that the Nigerian government have been in talks for a while over the release of the girls (I had wondered what had happened to the girls and why no news report updates). I do so hope that they will soon be home again with their families.

Iam64 Sun 19-Oct-14 08:41:46

There are some reports indicating the Nigerian government have made big concessions to the kidnappers. Grim

Stansgran Sun 19-Oct-14 17:03:43

According to the negotiator the girls have been raped up to four times a day. I hope these girls will be looked after and not ostracised if and when they return.

ffinnochio Sun 19-Oct-14 17:32:37

Still hoping they will be returned to their families soon.

The fact that the girls have been raped is probably not in doubt, but is it really necessary to comment upon the number of times.