Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ian McLagan remember him?

(6 Posts)
KatyK Thu 04-Dec-14 10:41:15

I've just been reading that Ian McLagan has died. Anyone remember him in the Small Faces and the Faces? I used to love the Small Faces as a young 'mod'. Another one gone sad

TerriBull Thu 04-Dec-14 14:37:29

Yes I remember him KatyK and I didn't know he had died. I loved Itchycoo Park and many of their other songs. I believe his death will be the third from that group. I know Stevie Marriott died in a house fire quite a while back and Ronnie Lane had MS for many years before be passed away.

Music was always the backdrop of my life, the Smallfaces take me right back to my teens and school, how time flies they all seemed so young then.

KatyK Thu 04-Dec-14 16:23:13

sad

shabby Thu 04-Dec-14 18:26:01

Loved the Small Faces back in my mod days - only Kenny Jones the drummer left now.

whenim64 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:25:36

Just heard the announcement on the radio - he was still playing and planning a tour in a few days. So very sad - he played keyboards with the Rolling Stones for a while, too, and they've also lost Bobby Keys, the saxophonist, this week. sad

Deedaa Thu 04-Dec-14 21:02:44

I was at Art School with Mac! At the time he was playing with the Mule Skinners who were mainly students from the school. It's only a couple of years ago that I heard him on the radio talking about the joys of playing on Eel Pie Island.