Gransnet forums

News & politics

95 children killed by Taliban in Pakistan so far

(29 Posts)
POGS Tue 16-Dec-14 09:36:44

So fae 95 children have been 'murdered' by the Taliban in Peshawar.

There are up to 500 children attending the school and a siege is going on.

I am going to call the Taliban absolute bastards.

There is a time to defend a faith but there are times to accept you cannot defend the indefensible. That time is here and now and I am prepared to say the Muslim faith must start to take a lot more responsibility for their fellow man. The west cannot stop this alone .

KatyK Tue 16-Dec-14 10:23:20

I've just been reading this online. It's horrendous. sad

Lapwing Tue 16-Dec-14 10:23:48

Heart-breaking POGS. Unfortunately too many in the Pakistani government either support the views of the Taliban or at the very least turn away from what is going on as long as it mainly stays in areas such as Peshawar.

And yes the Taliban are beyond the pale and until the Muslim world accept responsibility for what is going on the problems will not be resolved. Unfortunately, as stated above, far too many agree with the aims of both the Taliban and so-called IS.

POGS Tue 16-Dec-14 11:09:22

Lapwing

I agree.

The news coverage is heart breaking .

loopylou Tue 16-Dec-14 11:27:08

Hear, hear POGS! How the hell anyone can support such barbaric individuals in the name of religion is totally beyond my comprehension, utterly horrific and heartbreaking.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 11:32:32

I haven't had any news on this morning. I don't think I can face this one. How long can my head stay in the sand? sad

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 11:34:24

Oh God.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 11:35:52

I HATE THE FUCKING BASTARDS. PLEASE GOD LET THEM DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS FOR THIS.

loopylou Tue 16-Dec-14 11:39:05

Suspect the more horrible their deaths the bigger a martyr they'd be in their aborrant eyes Jinglbellsfrocks, no words can describe them......

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 16-Dec-14 12:19:11

"The stars are not wanted now, put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good."

merlotgran Tue 16-Dec-14 12:21:10

sad jingl

Agus Tue 16-Dec-14 12:24:11

Oh no no. Innocent children. This is unbearable. I just want to exterminate the lot of,them

KatyK Tue 16-Dec-14 13:49:20

Some kind of twisted 'revenge' for Malala being given the Nobel Peace Prize for standing up for education perhaps? Savages.

GillT57 Tue 16-Dec-14 14:57:24

There can be no pussy footing around with these people, no 'understanding' or appreciation of 'cultural differences' or other such bollocks. They are murderers and need to be dealt with and swiftly. We should be sending a message to Pakistan that they need to start dealing with these atrocities or the aid dries up. I know it hits innocent people too, but how much longer can we let these things happen? Seeing all those little figures in their school uniforms made me weep. If this is their god then may he rot.

KatyK Tue 16-Dec-14 15:03:05

They have set out 'reasons' that the government is attacking their families. How could they go into a school like this? Those poor children and their families.

Lona Tue 16-Dec-14 15:04:11

Wicked people! So much evil seems to spreading around the world. Those poor children will never forget the horrors they've witnessed and suffered.

grannyactivist Wed 17-Dec-14 01:28:29

Just had a text from a friend (an Afghan) to say that one of his friends had a child who was killed in this incident. So many children.... sad

anniezzz09 Wed 17-Dec-14 10:02:36

GillT57 I've just written as much on another thread. Totally there with you. This goes beyond any kind of understanding. I usually try not to wish ill on anyone but in this case, I hope there is a hell and I hope these murderers ends up in it forever.

Faye Wed 17-Dec-14 10:10:56

How much more evil can people be. It's quite disturbing to read of these things, I can't imagine how people cope having to live amongst it. sad

loopylou Wed 17-Dec-14 10:53:18

I find the depravity and depths these people will sink to totally unfathomable, and usually pick totally innocent victims. Just what the hell are their minds like?

nigglynellie Wed 17-Dec-14 13:24:33

It would appear that Christ and his saints are asleep/coma, and the devil is having a field day.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 17-Dec-14 15:14:29

Don't blame God. He didn't do it.

nigglynellie Wed 17-Dec-14 16:14:55

He didn't stop it either!

Stansgran Wed 17-Dec-14 16:51:31

It is amazing isn't it how afraid some people can be of education? The lengths some people will go to stop people questioning the stupidity of inflexible belief.

Grannyknot Wed 17-Dec-14 16:56:24

sad sad sad