Gransnet forums

News & politics

Why would you?

(32 Posts)
tanith Fri 23-Jan-15 16:19:59

Please don't click on the link if you are offended by glimpses of male genitalia.. I don't want to offend anyone. If my post isn't appropriate then someone please delete it .

In a Paris fashion show this week clothing that had peep holes to expose genitalia.. WHY?? do we really want to see men in all their glory like this?

Someone please tell me why!

www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jan/22/-sp-penis-flashing-at-rick-owens-menswear-show

Purpledaffodil Fri 23-Jan-15 16:26:26

The last turkey in the shop? Just a bit of publicity grabbing I suspect. Could be useful for potty training earlier in life? grin Thank you for sharing Tanith

posie Fri 23-Jan-15 16:37:07

My first thought was that the fashion designer just wanted to shock, grab attention, & make sure their designs were the ones being talked about.
However I realised that I wasn't shocked at all. hmm Although I did think it was stupid & pretty useless! Isn't the point of clothes to keep your bits covered & warm?
I think we are used to seeing & hearing so many potentially shocking things that the media etc, is having to push the bounderies farther & farther. Where will it all end? confused

tanith Fri 23-Jan-15 16:38:32

I must admit I now see the funny side, oh my it might be a bit 'parky' in this weather don't you think? grin As OB 1 (Star Wars) would say "nothing to see here" wink

soontobe Fri 23-Jan-15 16:42:58

I havent clicked on the link.

I dont go to London very often.
But when I do, I look around to see if the general public there are wearing clothes that are in fashion week. They are not as far as I can tell.
So I dont think that whatever is on your link will be walking down any high street, including London, any time soon.

ninathenana Fri 23-Jan-15 17:06:18

Good of you to warn everyone tanith but in my opinion there was no need grin if you follow my meaning
soontobe I think you made the right decision grin nothing there apart from a hideous piece of for want of a better word clothing that looks like a huge moth has attacked it !

Ana Fri 23-Jan-15 17:09:43

Wouldn't they actually be arrested if they walked down the local high street like that?

Agus Fri 23-Jan-15 17:19:48

Paris fashion week is all about designers competing with each other to see who grabs the front page. I have never seen any of these clothes actually worn on any high street.

Do wish I had looked at this link after dinner though tanith grin

tanith Fri 23-Jan-15 17:21:23

At least you had a 'little' warning Agus wink

NfkDumpling Fri 23-Jan-15 17:28:49

Does anyone in the real world usually pay much attention to Paris Fashion Week?

tanith Fri 23-Jan-15 17:32:08

I'm sure they don't NfkDumpling, I posted it because I thought it would make a thread that would bring a smile or a chat to your day..smile

loopylou Fri 23-Jan-15 17:35:47

Instant arrest if worn in public?
So long as don't expect women to follow suit .....

Agus Fri 23-Jan-15 17:43:06

It did give me a 'little' chuckle tanith wink

Ariadne Fri 23-Jan-15 18:04:55

Reminds me of the young woman in "The Bell Jar" on her first sight of male genitalia:

“The only thing I could think of was turkey neck and turkey gizzards and I felt very depressed."

rubysong Fri 23-Jan-15 18:35:55

As my DM would have said, "He'll catch his death of cold!"

Ana Fri 23-Jan-15 18:45:43

Or get frostbite! grin

vampirequeen Fri 23-Jan-15 19:12:46

Wouldn't their bits shrivel in the cold? And God forbid they get frostbite grin

tanith Fri 23-Jan-15 19:28:53

Puts a whole new slant on walking with a 'spring' in your step grin

Ana Fri 23-Jan-15 19:31:24

Didn't I just mention frostbite...confused

Never mind, must be another of my invisible posts! grin

petallus Fri 23-Jan-15 19:41:03

So is it the case that men are excited by looking at female genitals but women laugh about or are turned off by male genitals?

I wonder why that would be?

pompa Fri 23-Jan-15 19:48:15

Don't see what all the fuss is about, my work trousers have splits & holes like that, just have to make sure that the holes in my underpants don't match.

grumppa Fri 23-Jan-15 20:25:12

Poor chap!

grumppa Fri 23-Jan-15 20:25:39

Not you, Pompa, the model.

hildajenniJ Fri 23-Jan-15 20:28:38

Well how very unnecessary. What very silly garments these are. My OH would be laughed at all over town if he wore one of those!!!!

Galen Fri 23-Jan-15 21:01:56

The men in this article , certainly have nothing to boast about! In my work I have seen much more generously endowed males.sad