Gransnet forums

News & politics

A new recruit for the relationship thread ??

(37 Posts)
absentgrandma Sun 08-Mar-15 16:19:51

I read (in the DM, so could be a load of rubbish!!) that a certain High Person as been bemoaning the fact that he has been cut out of his grandson's life. DIL's mum is reported ( by High Person's friends) to have taken over 3rd -in -line- to- the- throne to the exclusion of Grandpa's esteemed family.

Now I read MIL is moving in to replace the housekeeper! OMG !!

loopylou Sun 08-Mar-15 16:25:47

I bet HRH isn't impressed...... Fireworks ahead? grin

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 16:28:03

OMG Indeed! Surely that can't be right! What about their (the in laws') very nice little pad grand residence in Bucklebury? confused

shysal Sun 08-Mar-15 16:37:48

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983575/Just-stopping-Charles-seeing-grandson-week-Mail-revealed-Prince-says-hardly-sees-George-friends-blame-Carole-Middleton-does-real-answer-lie-William-Kate.html
This is the scenario experienced by many on Gransnet!

soontobe Sun 08-Mar-15 16:41:34

If it is true, I think that it is sad.
Being a Prince, or even an unpopular one, doesnt mean that he isnt hurting about this.

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 16:44:22

Unpopular?

absentgrandma Sun 08-Mar-15 16:44:28

Well, apparently (according to DM, so take it with a large pinch of salt) 'Doors-to Automatic' has been sizing up properties in North Norfolk anyway. Bucklebury today, tomorrow the world! Catherine Cookson would have a field day, bless her!
Eeh, there's nowt like a bit 'a gossip on a Sunday afternoon!

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 16:49:52

Arise the house of Middleton!!

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 16:51:14

He's not unpopular! He's very sweet. People like him now.

TerriBull Sun 08-Mar-15 16:54:38

Surely he could just have the other grandparents executed so he can have unfettered access? He needs to ask himself what would umpteen great grandfather Henry have done in his situation, if his gout ridden legs and syphilis hadn't got the better of him before the grandchildren came along. Oh just forgot there weren't any grandchildren. Well maybe a few illegitimate ones lurking around somewhere.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 16:57:48

He needs to come on here. Someone should email Buck House.

soontobe Sun 08-Mar-15 17:00:42

He is definitely not popular in my part of the world. Sounds like he is in others.
It doesnt matter.

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 17:19:27

I read in the DM (so it must be true) that Camilla refers to the Middletons as 'Meet the Fockers' grin

Tegan Sun 08-Mar-15 17:37:12

I can't imagine he loses much sleep about not seeing his GS; would probably rather talk to his plants than a toddler.

loopylou Sun 08-Mar-15 17:44:12

That's probably very true Tegan smile
Bet he's feeling peeved because C has her GCs and he isn't the centre of attention?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 17:56:19

I think he does care. Very much. It's very sad. sad [sniff]

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 17:57:37

I don't believe that about Camilla. She wouldn't risk that getting back to Kate.

KatyK Sun 08-Mar-15 18:08:46

It crossed my mind when I read it, it's not just us ordinary folks that have this problem then.

rosequartz Sun 08-Mar-15 18:12:39

I think the housekeeper/chief gardener jobs are just temporary as the others left hmm and they will be recruiting new staff.

Perhaps HRH doesn't invite DS and DIL over enough? Or offers to have DGS to give them a break, poor things!
Goes both ways.

I do think he would be quite a good GP - toddlers love gardens and knocking down looking at plants.

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 18:15:20

I think a lot of people who become grandparents when they're in their late sixties - or older, feel pushed aside by younger, trendier in-laws.

Ana Sun 08-Mar-15 18:16:52

I wonder what he wants to be called - 'Grandpapa' perhaps? Or something a bit more characterful.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 08-Mar-15 18:17:05

I'm surprised the Queen hasn't got him on a pony yet. Perhaps she has I suppose.

Mishap Sun 08-Mar-15 18:21:04

I am not surprised that they are gravitating towards a family atmosphere rather than the poker-up-the-arse lot at Buck Palace etc. Good for Wills for knowing what he wants for his family - or rather what he does not want.

Most girls at the start of their married life look to their mothers for support and I guess Kate is no different.

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 18:21:07

I doubt it, jingl. Apparently Kate is allergic to horses hmm

merlotgran Sun 08-Mar-15 18:23:05

But how many SILs want their in laws to move in?