Gransnet forums

News & politics

Road Rage

(9 Posts)
crun Thu 02-Apr-15 00:43:55

I don't know why, but the M62 thread made me think of this. smile

FlicketyB Thu 02-Apr-15 08:09:34

It is frightening and incomprehensible. Earlier this week we were coming away from an antiques fair at a local race course. The racecourse exit is about half mile from the nearest main road on small residential roads. There were some road works on this minor road with traffic lights so traffic was moving at less than walking pace as we queued for the traffic lights.

Suddenly the driver of the second car in front of us jumped out and came up to the drivers door of the car in front and began shouting, before going back to his car. I found quite impossible to think of anything the driver in front could have done to engender this response. Certainly, from behind, he seemed to be just moving with the queue, not jockeying or trying to overtake, which was anyway impossible.

ninathenana Thu 02-Apr-15 09:30:27

Shocking video especially as the victim doesn't seem to have done anything to provoke the nutter.

AshTree Thu 02-Apr-15 10:08:08

Absolutely terrifying. All credit to the victim who managed to keep his nerve and get away from this madman.

A good advert for dashboard cameras!

ninathenana Thu 02-Apr-15 14:00:55

AshTree it must of helped that he was an ex police officer as was mention toward the end of the video.

AshTree Thu 02-Apr-15 14:58:43

Yes that is true, nina. I wonder if that was the reason for the road rage? Did this fellow recognise the ex policeman? Maybe he had been instrumental in getting him convicted of some crime or other?

tanith Thu 02-Apr-15 15:04:18

I don't understand why he was never caught as his number plate was quite visible in the film...

Disgusting dangerous behaviour what a nightmare.

AshTree Thu 02-Apr-15 21:40:08

He was caught tanith - it was mentioned under the video on YouTube. I think it said he'd been a serial offender.

Eloethan Fri 03-Apr-15 00:44:49

Terrifying.