Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet Up at Thirsk, North Yorkshire.

(11 Posts)
Kupari45 Fri 14-Oct-16 15:49:17

Are there any Gransnet folks in my area.? Would love to meet up with you. We have a Garden Centre in Thirsk just off A19 which has lots of parking spaces and Lush Cake. So it would be easy to have a get together there.
Any day other than a saturday or wednesday would suit me. So, hope to hear from you soon.
Brenda

oldgoat Fri 14-Oct-16 16:53:08

I'd love to come kupari45 . I live in York and think I know the garden centre you mean. Is it near a roundabout and flyover? Most days would suit me though Fridays are best but I am quite booked up for the next few weeks.
Thanks for offering to organise a North Yorks get together. I have been thinking of doing it for some time but was a bit stuck for a venue. Your suggestion sounds good and I can stock up on some plants at the same time.

janeainsworth Fri 14-Oct-16 16:57:12

I live in Northumberland and would like to come in theory, but I'm often away so I'll wait and see which day you choose & come if I can.

glassortwo Fri 14-Oct-16 20:19:00

Me too Jane tied with DGC, will look for details and let you know.

tiggypiro Fri 14-Oct-16 20:30:38

I live near Thirsk and would be up for a meet at the garden centre. The only times I am booked are every Monday and Thursday mornings.

oldgoat Sat 15-Oct-16 08:19:07

Bump

Kupari45 Wed 19-Oct-16 10:58:07

Many Thanks to folks who replied to my invitation!
Since I posted last weekend, we have had family problems and I will now have to help out with Grandchildren at least two days a week.
When things calm down, and I know what I'm doing I will suggest a date that hopefully will be acceptable to you all. I really would like to meet up with you for coffee. Sorry about this.

tiggypiro Wed 19-Oct-16 11:04:17

Thats fine Kupari45. Thanks for letting us know and I hope the problems sort themselves out for you.

janeainsworth Wed 19-Oct-16 14:14:36

These things happen kupari, hope things are easier soon & look forward to hearing from you.

oldgoat Wed 19-Oct-16 14:20:28

Sorry to hear of your family problems kupari. Looking forward to the meet up when things are easier for you. I'm surprised that there aren't more of us in North Yorkshire!

grannyqueenie Sat 22-Oct-16 00:17:06

Hope things settle down with your family, * kupari*. I'm in West Yorkshire but could probably get to Thirsk, so long as the Sat Nav is in a good mood!